Irene's Thread

Quail_Antwerp

Cold is on the Right, Hot is on The Left
Reaction score
No one's heard from Lorihadams either, have they?

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
Quail_Antwerp said:
No one's heard from Lorihadams either, have they?
No, still no word from Lori either. :( I sure jope they're okay. I wanna squish them for makin me worry :lol:

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
Doesn't anyone have her phone number?

Quail_Antwerp

Cold is on the Right, Hot is on The Left
Reaction score
Does anyone know if she or her husband are on facebook???

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
I hope someone does. It'd be nice to make sure they're okay. They are the only two not accounted for as far as I know.

I have no idea about their FB. I think they are both on FB, but couldn't swear to it.

pinkfox

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Just a quick update from my dads iPad...
We are still without power, don't know when well be back up and running but hoping well be back on by tomorrow morning...some areas that lost power are already back up but they have different suppliers...so who knows.

We are safe however right now, a lot of road closures from flooding, lots of downed trees ect. Glad it whent tropical storm before it hit us, with the amount of flooding and trees down that we got, a cat 1 hurricane would have been intense...
Unfortunately that's what happens when these once in a blue moon storms happen, tthis area was just not prepared for these kinds of wind, could defiantly have been a lot worse.

Hope those it's still heading towards stay safe..

I will say that most of ct is without power right now in some capacity...about 1/2 our towns residents have power, he 3 neibiring towns are all 100% out of power...

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
Glad to hear from you pinkfox!! Stay safe hun!

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
Irene has knocked out power to over 4 million customers so maybe they just have no way to contact us. 3 deaths reported in Jersey now.

aggieterpkatie

Swiss Army Wife
Reaction score
There was some flooding in the town next to us, and I didn't realize it because I haven't been out of the house. My friend said his cousin's house is under 5' of water. Yikes. I saw pics on facebook and it doesn't look good. At least it's not as bad as it looks in Vermont. Looks like there were some major river surges.

Denim Deb, ours isn't a tree of heaven, it's called the Paper Mulberry. I think the neighbor's tree that fell is a tree of heaven though! I didn't realize what it was until I saw the pics.

FarmerJamie

Mr. Sensitive
Reaction score
The real-time USGS river gauges can give you more data if you are worried about a speciifc area.

USGS

Latest posts