Irene's Thread

THEFAN

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
We just got our power back on. Out for 5 hrs. No biggy considering what others went through. We just have wind atleast 20-25 mph for now. No rain what so ever. I'm sure we will loose power again but nice to see our line crews working hard to restore power quickly. Glad to see most of us had little damage done and everyone is fine.

valmom

Crafter
Reaction score
I'm here- and we made it through! Wow. Incredible record flooding around here- they are talking 100 year flood has happened. Brattleboro actually made the weather channel and CNN for its flooding. Our house is the top of a huge hill so, aside from a wet basement we are fine. The horses and barn are downhill from us, so they are under mud again. As usual... Trees crashed in the woods out back, but none fell this direction. We are very grateful! One of our apple trees blew over- I'm hoping I can re-stake it since the ground is so soggy, and it will take. The chickens were mad at being locked in, and very grateful to be out this morning. We had a couple of power outages off and on through the night and still had gusts in the middle of the night that shook the house. Anyone have any advise for blown over corn? We are bummed- we may not get any corn from our little 3 sisters garden since a lot of it has blown over.

Thank you everyone for thinking of us!

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
valmom said:
I'm here- and we made it through! Wow. Incredible record flooding around here- they are talking 100 year flood has happened. Brattleboro actually made the weather channel and CNN for its flooding. Our house is the top of a huge hill so, aside from a wet basement we are fine. The horses and barn are downhill from us, so they are under mud again. As usual... Trees crashed in the woods out back, but none fell this direction. We are very grateful! One of our apple trees blew over- I'm hoping I can re-stake it since the ground is so soggy, and it will take. The chickens were mad at being locked in, and very grateful to be out this morning. We had a couple of power outages off and on through the night and still had gusts in the middle of the night that shook the house. Anyone have any advise for blown over corn? We are bummed- we may not get any corn from our little 3 sisters garden since a lot of it has blown over.

Welcome back!!! SO glad to see ya this morning!! :hugs Sounds like you had a bit of a rough patch. Clean up will be fun.

AL

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
valmom said:

re the corn:I just very gently stood mine up and piled soil around the base to hold it, staked some..... just too much to do each stalk though. All I stood up made it though, and if it wasn't flat out it grew on its own.

Glad you're ok!

pinkfox

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Still without power today, dads little 5000 genny is managing to keep our fridge and freezer running intermittently, he turns it on for a few hours and then let's it off for a few, hoping just to keep everything cold until power is restored, dad is getting a 7500 genny once this is over lol (it should run about 1/2 the house...)

Dads off work today, no power to his building, mum however is heading in she works with an elderly man so it's stly just babysitting type stuff and shell be home before it gets dark so she should be fine, thigh if thte road there is ut she'll be coming home before even getting there.

My mini fridge is not happy so all my food has no been crammed into the family fridge, not slot of it anyway.
Cl&p are keeping quiet in time frames for power restoration which is annoying, at least give us an idea, are you communing our way today, tomorrow? Or will it be Friday before we make your list, least that way we could plan a little better in terms of what needs food needs saving and what can wait it out. I understand most of new England is without power right now, but I'm sure we'd all be a little happier if we had a better idea of what to expect in terms of returning power, especially since those not cl&p already have power back.

Any who, were still fine, it's a beautiful day and I actually slept so well last nig, it was fresh and slightly chilly out, perfect sleeping wear and soooooo dark :)

If it wehrnt for the food issue, and e fact in waiting on that underwriters call, I have no problems being on limited power...
Dads iPad is seriously a wonderful thing right now, we've no Internet and no power, but this little thing is letting me stay in touch and keep track of what little news there is coming our way about things.

AnnaRaven

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Wannabefree said:
freemotion said:
Henrietta23 just checked in with me and they have no power, the roads are closed, but they don't have any damage at their place so all is good!
:woot Thanks Free!!! That is good to hear! Now if someone knows lori's number.....that would be great :D
Great news! Especially since lori checked in too.

Latest posts