Jason closes his journal... Thanks!! I love you!!

modern_pioneer

Mountain Man
Reaction score
My song pick of the week is ANTI-FLAGS This is the end

The group was formed in Pittsburgh PA during the anti government movement and flashed again with this song.

Along with the idea that we are free to be/live SS, this group sings about social issues that seem to harm all of us in some way.

I was in my youth a punker, a peace punk, not a boot and braces skinhead. I sported, if you remember my senior photo, a mohawk. In my senior photo I was told to comb it down. I wore paratrooper boots and my Docs along with a Army trench coat. I dyed it different colrs a few times, and loved my red and green one. Dad and Linda wouldn't be seen in public with me for that reason.

I use to love to surf and skateboard.....

So this song is dedicated to all you folks that do your own thing without hurting others....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qnVD7WuarSo

My second pick is from France, and this song is about the earth, more about the wind.

M83 started out a two person band and expanded and has traveled all over to share their beautiful music. I listen to this when I am taking a shower it helps to relax me.

M38 We Own The Sky

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bzge5vY72hE

AL

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
hey MP I am trying out your potato baskets. I watched the video but was wondering some more questions..
Right now I just have an inch or so of leaves coming up - once they are about 6inches I know to put more compost / straw, but do I sort it around the plants or just put it in there? And once I have that layer, do I just hang out and wait for another 6 inches of growth and do it again?

sorry for all the newbie questions :D

modern_pioneer

Mountain Man
Reaction score
AL said:
hey MP I am trying out your potato baskets. I watched the video but was wondering some more questions..
Right now I just have an inch or so of leaves coming up - once they are about 6inches I know to put more compost / straw, but do I sort it around the plants or just put it in there? And once I have that layer, do I just hang out and wait for another 6 inches of growth and do it again?

sorry for all the newbie questions :D
Yes put it around the plants, yes just hang out and add more until it gets 14-18 inches then just let them grow.... You are now a spud machine..... TEEHEE....

modern_pioneer

Mountain Man
Reaction score
I have been up for over an hour now, it isn't often I am up this early in the morning.

I was awoken by the sound of the door bell and gentle raps at the door.

God has moved quickly in my life many times, times I might not even know about. Today he has done it again, and he is with me as I suffer and find his justice to be his own doing.

Brandon, the young man that murdered my parents, has expired. I was made aware that he has hung himself and has died from that. I am sad for the death of both Dad and Linda, great people who died too young.

It is what it is....

Please pray for me and my family...

justusnak

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
modern_pioneer said:
I have been up for over an hour now, it isn't often I am up this early in the morning.

I was awoken by the sound of the door bell and gentle raps at the door.

God has moved quickly in my life many times, times I might not even know about. Today he has done it again, and he is with me as I suffer and find his justice to be his own doing.

Brandon, the young man that murdered my parents, has expired. I was made aware that he has hung himself and has died from that. I am sad for the death of both Dad and Linda, great people who died too young.

It is what it is....

Please pray for me and my family...
The Lord works in mysterious ways.....I will pray for peace for you and your family.