Jason closes his journal... Thanks!! I love you!!

modern_pioneer

Mountain Man
Reaction score
Thank you, the timing of the images as well as the carefully chosen video with the music was important. Take at 3:23 as the tree falls, the music brings your attention to it crashing into the other trees. Also, the dancing bird with feathers that look like eyes and how the Amazon face is painted and his/her head dress. The relationship between everything in the video has a purpose....

Although I am a Christian, I have still kept some Pagan ideas that are of this life and earth. Each Thanksgiving Day, up on the hill, I bury a plate of food, not the plate. The symbolic representation is giving back to the earth what she has provided to us. It also has good karma finger prints all over it. Some people may see this as odd, but to me, its something I have done for a long time, when I could. My mom didn't teach me that, it was Tom, a Native Indian friend of my Mom's. As I remember, he said it was a blessing for next years harvest and the big hunts to come in fall.

I enjoy going to church, and I always can relate to the message in some form or fashion. However today's message hit home like a ton of bricks. I think God mourns with us, and has some to do with our lives and how they go. But he gave us free will, and that changes the course we lead down.

I have, since the beginning of this matter, believed that God has been with me weeping along with me. I have been in Church, while in prayer, seen Jesus hold me as I cried. Those images in my mind has pulled me through some dark days my friends. So it would be faith and Gods love that saw me through this matter. Sometimes, that is all one person has is faith. By some natural unwritten rule, we as humans need to keep faith in something. I think of it much like some animals are herd animals. I don't know, I guess......

Todays message was how Gods love can help us through tough times and the power of prayer. I had been angry many times with Brandon for what he did to Dad/Linda and all of us. I never prayed for his death, only that God have his will in this matter. The years of appeals, and perhaps he would escape or kill again, was all to real to me. I had wished in the early days that he would have killed them and then himself, or just himself. But that was not the case, and the matter was what it was.

His suicide brought with it closure, and the end of my living Hell here on earth in my life. I am sure that it was the only solution to the problem here.

The message today has helped me settle my own thoughts on this matter....

I am glad to be free of this awful thing, and I can live again. :weee

modern_pioneer

Mountain Man
Reaction score
I was thinking of what to write about, and I am starting some plans for vacation, and now the garden. I am hoping that I will be able to sell my tractor this spring to replace the old tiller. It was to big for my Kabota and so I will need to replace it but the funds in my SS account won't cover the cost. I still have the tiller I bartered for.

For years, I have been a sticker person, I like to share my views or funny stickers. I like to watch people read them and laugh.

Some of you will notice something about these stickers... :frow

IMG_2488.jpg

IMG_2489.jpg

IMG_2490.jpg

I didn't take one of my anti-flag groups anti-war sticker because it hasn't arrived yet. Anti-Flag was my music pick of the week last week, it is a Punk group from Pittsburgh PA.

Music to me is part of expression, as well as an outlet, and believe it or not strength and courage.

Eminems not afraid is rough, strong and powerful lyrics allowed me to understand other people feel pain in hard times just like I do.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j5-yKhDd64s&feature=artistob&playnext=1&list=TL86mFkxMOnZY

My second pick is a throw back from listening to music with my Mom... Some of you remember this one?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sNGWGwXEfDE

justusnak

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Hey J, Those stickers...on your vehicle? Nice!
Music calms the savage beast...fear, rage, worry....I always turn to misic when I am feeling out of sorts.

TanksHill

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Is this a Rorschach test??? Tell me what you see an I will tell you how SS you are!!! :D ;)

It looks like swirling soap bubbles to me. But that thing in the middle sure does resemble a duck.

I'm sticking with foaming bubbles.

g