Jason closes his journal... Thanks!! I love you!!

justusnak

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
J, I LOVE the pic. Tell me, are they family pictures or random pictures you gathered? Our harvest is winding down as well. It is sad....however, I know that all the hard work we put into the garden this summer will be rewarded by the meals I can prepare. :)

TanksHill

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
:frow

Hey J, good to hear from you. That collage looks ready neat. Are you ready for fall? Or soul it be Old Man Winter sneaking up already?

A new office? Very nice.

Take care,

G

2dream

Flibbertigibbet
Reaction score
That young boy is doing a lot of pondering. Love the collage. I did not catch up on your journal so I don't know what all is new in your life these days. I just hope its all good. I miss all the time I use to be able to spend here. But I show up when I can and looks like this morning was a good time. You were at the top of my list of new post.

kcsunshine

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Nice collage - I'd love to settle down in your kitchen with a good cup of coffee and let you tell me the story of each picture.

modern_pioneer

Mountain Man
Reaction score
I WISH THESE PHOTOS CAME FROM MY FAMILY!!! I found them here http://images.google.com/hosted/life under various subjects. From an old womans hands folded on her lap (reminds me of my Moms worn hands) hunters in the fields, farmers working the soil, frontier people, trail cooking, it all seems to reflect my soul, hence the reason for the piece of art. We could sit and both talk about what the photos mean to each of us.

Fall is here, hanging in the low 50's today. I do like my new office, I will share some photos with you guys later. My office is the neatest place for me to be as "I" decorated it myself. Surrounded by my own works of art, copper desk items that I made to use, and a shot gun hanging on the wall over the Constitution/Bill of Rights in a frame. a Art piece made by Mann himself. Its a old pioneer drawing done in charcoal over a glued on leaf on a board painted white. A very interesting piece of art, very unusual, but not as abstract or morbid as some of his other work. Its a drawing of four pioneers posing for a picture on the farmland he owns now. His choice of wool clothing is interesting, as he wears the pants and wears cotton shirts, very interesting smoking jackets in different hues of purple and greens.

I will share some pantry pics later too, you gonna be so proud of me!! I have been hard at work.

True that my office walls are a light paneling, but I just couldn't afford the rough sawed lumber I really wanted.

I have dehydrated lots of fruits and veggies this year!!

modern_pioneer

Mountain Man
Reaction score
I have been so busy getting ready for the grand opening of our new retail and shop locations. So as we get ready to open, I wanted to invite all of you that are near by me, formally to keep your money and come by and join us for opening day. Please be sure to post here and let me know your coming, and to set your GPS to the following address.

110 Miller School Lane, West Sunbury PA 16061

There will be good food, live coppersmithing demo and lots of free stuff to raffle off. The grand prize is three life size black bear silhouettes!! Hope to see you here!!

Also join me on my FB page if you want to keep up to date. I have over 1300 followers so far, join us over there. Wait till you see what I got in the mail today!!! As some of you know, my SS fund had reached over 1,000.00 this fall!! So went and bought more self sufficient supplies...

Love ya, peace!! Jay

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
:frow Hi MoPi/ Sounds like a worthy party ya have planned. Just go ahead and scoot PA a bit closer to TN and I might be able to make it ;) Hope you have a great time!