Java. the end.

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
Javamama said:
EEK! I just looked at the calendar and realized the kids go back to school in one month. Now that the fair and 4-H is over a new phase of summer begins. The 'getting ready for school' phase. Orientations, shopping for supplies, shoes, clothes. Easing the kids back onto a sleep schedule. All in the midst of harvesting and canning. I love this time of year.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mPIIMbG9R4w

savingdogs

Queen Filksinger
Reaction score
Denim Deb said:
Javamama said:
EEK! I just looked at the calendar and realized the kids go back to school in one month. Now that the fair and 4-H is over a new phase of summer begins. The 'getting ready for school' phase. Orientations, shopping for supplies, shoes, clothes. Easing the kids back onto a sleep schedule. All in the midst of harvesting and canning. I love this time of year.
:
yuckyuck

Where does everyone find these things? I couldn't even hear that one but didn't need to, it was self-explanatory.

ohiofarmgirl

Sipping Bacon Martinis
Reaction score
OFG's military jibberjabber is affecting me
heeeeeyyyyy...

ha! and you totally get a princess crown! whoooot!

still sluggin' down the cuke water... such a great idea!!!

:)

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
savingdogs said:
Denim Deb said:
Javamama said:
:
yuckyuck

Where does everyone find these things? I couldn't even hear that one but didn't need to, it was self-explanatory.
I remember this commercial, and thought it was so funny! They play the song, It's The Most Wonderful Time of the Year.

Javamama

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
So here's the TSC mystery chicks that were sold as Black Australorps all grown up. They are so ugly I can't stand to look at them. So I'm going to sell the pullets, eat the roos. The roos will make a nice meal because they are friggin' huge! And ugly. Did I mention that I think they are ugly? :p DH hates them too, and he's usually willing to give anything a chance.

And sad - something ate the head off my little gold sebright last night. I left the coop open. :he I suspect one of the cats.

P1010103.jpg

P1010104.jpg

savingdogs

Queen Filksinger
Reaction score
The hen isn't so bad, just kinda plain. I agree the roosters are a little dull looking.

They might look better smothered in barbeque sauce......or deep fried batter, or with dumplings next to them in a soup.....

ksalvagno

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
The roosters are definitely ugly but the hen doesn't look bad to me. No matter what, they will sure look good on the grill.

Javamama

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
The hens are much uglier in person :p They look like they are angry all the time. There's only 3 pullets, so not a big loss.

BeccaOH

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Interesting feathering. :/ I'm still trying to figure out what mix they are. :hu If they have Maran in them, they should be good eating. Hens may even be olive eggers.