Java. the end.

lorihadams

Always doing laundry
Reaction score
:ep
What are you doing with MY chicken??? The same thing happened to me. Got what were supposed to be black australorps from TSC and one was but the other was exactly the chicken you have. Same feathering, same angry pissed off evil eye get the he!! away from me look, but lays brown eggs. She went broody on me this year and killed the first baby to hatch so I took them away from her and put everything under my good broody. That chicken is a pain in the butt. I thought about getting some more brahmas and getting rid of my red sex links and her. They could seriously be twins.

savingdogs

Queen Filksinger
Reaction score
I realize at least two of my seven sexed EE pullets are boys. Real purdy ones. :he And then those four I hatched? Two of them are boys too. :somad

Javamama

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Well, it's good to know somebody else has gotten one of those ugly TSC "australorps" :D The roosters are going to freezer camp tomorrow. I can't stand their crowing - they sound like broken trombones. It's awful. Not sure what I'll do with this little guy though - he's handsome and completely full of himself, but he's smaller than my shoe so I may keep him for entertainment value

P1010112.jpg

And here's a pretty and tiny girl

P1010113.jpg

and here's a couple of my favorites - I've decided that the EE I was questioning gender is a hen

P1010115.jpg

And my favorite EE - the photo doesn't do her coloring justice

P1010116.jpg

ksalvagno

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Is the hen behind the EE one of your "ugly" hens? I still say she looks nice. What a nice Silver Seabright you got! Everyone is going up nicely. It will be nice to look out into the yard and see all the different types. :D

Javamama

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Karen - do you mean the one that is in the photo with the white hen? She's not one of the ugly mystery chickens :D She's the one I thought was a roo for a long time.
That white one with the brown splashes is called an Amberlink from Mt. Healthy hatchery - I have 2 of them and I really like them. Their eggs are a gorgeous dark reddish brown color, but they are still pullet sized, so I don't know how large the eggs will eventually be.
I do like having a nice variety out there to look at.

ksalvagno

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Sorry, yes I meant the one behind the white girl. She looks like she is very pretty.

Savingdogs - EE/Ameraucana are the hardest to sex and the ones most likely to be sexed wrong. Not sure why that is but found that out when one of my Ameraucanas was a male.

Bubblingbrooks

Made in Alaska
Reaction score
I have a whole mess of EEs just like your pretty grey one. EE hens crossed with a white Cochin roo.