Joel Salatin...a messy discussion

Ldychef2k

Survival Chef
Reaction score
I have never heard of this guy. After reading this, I don't think I care to even look him up.

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I didn't know this. WOW
what a shortcoming! Ugh
no one is ever "that" great! What a loser if this is his policy!

Let us know more when you find out!

SKR8PN

Late For Supper
Reaction score
Joel needs to wake up to the fact that, without women there would be no men.

ohiofarmgirl

Sipping Bacon Martinis
Reaction score
or maybe only women have applied and he's trying to get the knowledge out there to men too?????

just trying to bring a little rationalization, folks. there could be a reason.

btw - i dont think he's totally great for other reasons. i'm just being the kinder, gentler, ohiofarmgirl today.. that is.. until the winter hatred sets in. then i'll probably hate him too. and his farm. and his stupid sheep. and.. and... and.... i think i need coffee and to get outside!

Dace

Revolution in Progress
Reaction score
I think MOST women can't hold their own. That may be sexist but in my personal experience, the average woman is pretty weak.....in a lot of ways!

I think as a whole we are a different crowd :thumbsup

hikerchick

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Dace said:
I think MOST women can't hold their own. That may be sexist but in my personal experience, the average woman is pretty weak.....in a lot of ways!
That may or may not be true, but I would think that anyone who is interested in such an apprenticeship would probably not be your average person - male or female.

Dace

Revolution in Progress
Reaction score
hikerchick said:
Dace said:
That may or may not be true, but I would think that anyone who is interested in such an apprenticeship would probably not be your average person - male or female.
Probably true, but then again he is well known and sometimes people attempt to do things that they are not really cut out for, just for the notoriety.....just trying to play devils advocate. He could just be an ass. :lol:

MorelCabin

Quilting Extraordinaire
Reaction score
So the guy has some old fashioned values...what's wrong with that? I do believe that women are the weaker sex...and our society has paid enough already for the womens liberation crap...but that's just my opinion :/
All in all he has some very good information out there that is open to anybody who wants to read it.

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
he has faults and people are calling him on them. As it should be!
(if it is true)

women can and do farm work. do ya think the world would have progressed on men's backs only. quite a few farms are women run and worked.

All women should be accepted. Fill out an application like everyone, then weed out the "wanna be can't do it" people vs. the serious people.

onebuggirl

Power Conserver
Reaction score
SKR8PN said:
Joel needs to wake up to the fact that, without women there would be no men.
I agree, I was impressed with his operation/farm and his book. I think though the best thing we women can do is create a farm that thrives just like his and only allow women. Prove 'em wrong...men that is.or at least prove that we are able to do the same even more things as men. I wish I had the money and farm experience. I would definitly go to seminars for women!