Just curious, what's the weather like where you;re at.

reinbeau

Moderator Extraordinaire
Reaction score
Snowing like a madman out there right now, unfortunately it isn't going to last, it's supposed to change over to rain :( I love the snow, especially because it keeps all the perennials so nicely tucked in for the winter. Last year I had things make it that usually don't, becuase of the nice continuous snow blanket we had practically all winter - unusual. Fingers crossed that we get it again this year!

Wildsky

Femivore
Reaction score
It is BITTER here this morning, I am SO cold, we didn't set the heat for the house either. (we're idiots)
Its -13 outside with windchill of -29
Stopped snowing overnight, but we have enough of the stuff with more coming on Sunday, with this freezing weather it won't even think about melting.

THis is strange cold for this time of year, I mean we normally are cold and snowy but heck the temp average dropped like a rock in a bucket of water - last month we were in the 40's and 50's - this is nuts.

me&thegals

A Major Squash & Pumpkin Lover
Reaction score
We're in the middle of a blizzard. Kids are home, tucked up in front of the fire reading books with dad, who is now definitely not getting any more corn harvested. It's blowing so hard that it's hard to judge the depth, but it's at least a foot and still coming down like crazy. We're headed for single-digit highs by the end of this week. Glad I got the garlic and strawberries tucked under straw this weekend! And we hauled in 2 pickup loads of wood to the house and porch, so let it snow. :)

ToLiveToLaugh

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
And here I was moaning to myself because its 10* out.... It's usually 45 and raining this time of year! (Swear its not just because I'm a sissy... okay, so maybe I am. So what?) :)

Nuggetsowner:)

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
We had snow yesterday and all last night, then the wind picked up. School was cancelled for today for my kids. It is miserable if you have to be out and about but if you are inside with a warm fire going and a homegrown turkey in the oven for later.... its all good!!! :)

big brown horse

Hoof In Mouth
Reaction score
ToLiveToLaugh said:
And here I was moaning to myself because its 10* out.... It's usually 45 and raining this time of year! (Swear its not just because I'm a sissy... okay, so maybe I am. So what?) :)
It is 10 here too around the Sound. Crazy!!!! I have come to find out that YES I'M A WEATHER SISSY!!!!

Nuggetsowner, I didn't think you tough Minnesotans cancelled school....EVER! Must be really bad! (Mmmmm baked turkey!)

MorelCabin

Quilting Extraordinaire
Reaction score
Snowing like crazy here too today. No school for the kids...and hubby is on the road travelling in it as usual...I soooo hate it that he won't just stay home on days like today!
We're all cooped up in a very small rented cottage right now...and I thought I had cabin fever in the old cabin! yikes! Nothing like this place where there isn't even room to walk around the bed barely! We're still waiting for the completeion of our new home build...but we have a bit to wait.

Nuggetsowner:)

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Nuggetsowner, I didn't think you tough Minnesotans cancelled school....EVER! Must be really bad! (Mmmmm baked turkey!)
It doesn't happen often, In my 9 1/2 years working with this district we have now had 5 snow days I think. But when I looked out the window this morning and could not see the 12 foot evergreen that is about 10 feet from the house I knew the wind was bad!!

DrakeMaiden

Sourdough Slave
Reaction score
Not only are we getting lows around 10 F in western Washington, but we are barely (if) getting above freezing during the day. I think this is day 3 of this stuff. We usually only suffer with a few days like this on bad winters, so this is an extended bout of frigid for us. Usually our barn will stay just above freezing during this kind of weather, but everything is frozen now. :/