JUSTUSNAK...Summer coming to an end!?

justusnak

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
OK, so the weatherman said we will be almost at 80 degrees Friday! HECK YEAH!!!! Open the house lucy..we are airing it out!! :lol: I am planning to tkae the curtains down and wash them, and get them on the line early...Ahhhh, sweet spring!!
I need to get in the barn and get it cleaned out as well. I am so excited...and I know I will wear myself out...however...I will sleep sooo much better than I have in the last few months.
So, today I had to have a CT scan done.... :/ I won't get the results untill next week. Stupid Dr thinks its the "big C" I think he was seeing the pneumonia. I am not going to worry about it...since that wont help either way. Just have to waite untill next week....Tuesday morning.
One the bright side....I was able to get the peas and beets in the ground! Woohoo! Oh, and about 80 onion sets in so far. I want to get another 80 or so in on the other side of the garden. I am late, late, late in getting my seeds started, so I hope tomorrow I can get them all going. :fl I have tomaotes, peppers,pumpkin,and cucumbers I want...or need to get started soon! This year I am putting them on my workbench in the garage, and I will be placeing a small fan near them, to similate the wind. My theory is, a light breeze, will strengthen the young plants. Now, I don't know if this will work, but I am hopeing. :)
Oh, and I MIGHT have found a home for all 3 of the pot belly pigs!!! :weee I sure hope so. They might be going to a petting farm...they would have a great life there..this gal that wants them is great with her animals. Now if I can get someone to take this ram to butcher for me...( or come butcher it) I will be happy. Need to get him done ASAP! I have asked around, and no one I have found yet, will come to the farm and do the deed. drats! Guess I will have to suck it up, and pay the $65 to the butcher. :tongue

AL

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
We are having gardening weather too! But I have to stay inside and clean :( boo

justusnak

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
AL said:
Booo Hiss!!!! I try to do my housework in the evenings...hubby is at work, and I can't be out in the dark...with the "big scareys" Things go bump in the night...and I dont want to be out there to see what is bumping!! Yup, call me a chicken!:p

AL

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
HAHA I work late evenings, so my busiest times are usually between 130am and 3am. Not much I can do in the garden by flashlight, but I do go and look at it (pathetic, I know lol).
Now you are wondering why I dont' clean at night instead of using up beautiful days.... because I hate to clean and why do today (night) what you can put off until tomorrow. :p

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
AL said:
I split my time between both inside and outside stuff.

justusnak

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
This time of year...spring....I have to admit, the house suffers a bit. After a long dreary winter...once we get the first few days, or weeks of spring...I cant seem to stay inside!!! My poor house. Oh well...the outside is looking better....and they say...first impressions..right?? LOL

glenolam

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
IMO the cleaning is meant for winter only. You're stuck inside with nothing you can do outside so why waste a few months of spring/summer inside when you have a few months of winter inside...

Supposed to be 60* here...we're all way excited too!

Farmfresh

City Biddy
Reaction score
I have GOT to do something about my house today :tongue - we are having company both tonight and Friday. It is also supposed to be close to 80 degrees here today. What a pain in the neck!

Hopefully I can find the motivation somewhere. :hu

justusnak

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Farmfresh said:
I have GOT to do something about my house today :tongue - we are having company both tonight and Friday. It is also supposed to be close to 80 degrees here today. What a pain in the neck!

Hopefully I can find the motivation somewhere. :hu
FF....company can GET OVER IT! :lol: Nice weather DEMANDS you to be outside! Im going to get my shower...and head out! TATA!! Not letting the screen door hit me on the way out!:weee