JUSTUSNAK...Summer coming to an end!?

justusnak

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Hmmm, back to normal?? I don't think I have been, or ever will be "normal" However....I am feeling up to my old self...for the most part. I still get "nap attacks" I think from being in the hospital for 5 days....sleeping...haveing meals brought to my bed...Ahhhhh...I almost miss it!! :p
This afternoon I cleaned one of the stalls out. The one I have 2 PB pigs in. :sick Still have to get a little more out of there, but for the most part, one down...2 stalls and half of the barn to go! :th I will just take it slow...and easy...but I WILL get it done.!!!
I am still waiting to hear back from the lady one the freecycle find. I hope I can get them both...what a find! What a help that would be!! If not.....well...looks like I will be building something for 30 little ducks to go into. I have a brooder for the chicks....so I am set there...its all the little ducks I am going to have to build something for. I have a large cage...sets up on a shelf thingie...1/4 inch welded wire...2 doors...but, I have no way to get a heat lamp to it...Might have to work on that idea.

justusnak

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
UGH! The rain!!!! Why dont it just rain a little??? We have several "ponds" all over the property. My pond can't take any more...it is overflowing into the woods....ugh! I will have to go out there and scoop up fish from the woods if this keeps up! Now they are saying more to come? Monday I am going to go try to find some more rain barrels........Need to take advantage of all this rain.
Hopeing I can at least get out to the small garden soon, and get the peas planted....at least the small garden is elevated..and drains well. Its just so wet...so muddy...so...UGH!!
Hubby brought home 3 more wood crates from work...Its a good thing, we might need to build an ark! We will be working on taking them apart, and saveing the wood to build more shelters for the butcher pigs we will get in a few months.
Not really a whole lot going on here...trying to stay dry..haha, thats not happening.
I have a pot of beans in the crock pot for supper. Made a ham yesterday, so I have the ham bone in there with it. I just love ham and beans...especially now that its turned cold AGAIN!

justusnak

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
So...there are many signs of spring....The Irises are coming up....the pileated woodpeckers are back...the Killdeer are back...Last night I sat outside and listened to the peeper frogs...and....this.....
99_crawdad.jpg

This is a small one...they come up in the yard all summer long. Some of them get quite large... at least 5 inches long! There are holes all over the yard where they live...so going barefoot is definately taking a chance. :lol:
Yup, Spring has sprung!!!!:weee

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
What is that? It looks like a craw dad, but I've never heard of them living on land. Can you eat them?

justusnak

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Denim Deb said:
What is that? It looks like a craw dad, but I've never heard of them living on land. Can you eat them?
Yup....Its a crawdad....creepy little things. They live in holes in my yard..and sneak out when you least expect them! The cruch when you step on them...and the chickens love them! ;) I dont think I want to eat them, altho some people do.:/