JUSTUSNAK...Summer coming to an end!?

Farmfresh

City Biddy
Reaction score
The sun is finally shining here this morning. I hope it shines for you as well and you have a better day today! :hugs

justusnak

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
The sun is shining...and its HOT HOT HOT! Supposed to get to 90 degrees! Whew! I dont care, I am getting in that durned garden!!!:plbb

Quail_Antwerp

Cold is on the Right, Hot is on The Left
Reaction score
:hugs Hope today is better.

We've planned a busy day, too, but it's already so HOT and I just wanna go swimming :p

moolie

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
More :hugs from me, really enjoy your day in the garden--working the earth can be so healing--and I hope today is a better day.

FarmerDenise

Out to pasture
Reaction score
Gosh, you had quite the day yesterday. :hugs

Wishing that by tonight, you will feel a sense of accomplishment from working in your garden, that your foot won't bother you a smidgeon, and that you will get a little bit of a tan and fall asleep with a smile. :)

justusnak

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
So, I headed to the swamp..ie: garden with a purpose. The plan is to dig down about 6 inches or so, pile that into rows...having raised rows with "ditches" to hold the water. Sounds lie a good plan...right?? Now, remember...I have this rod in my toe...sticking out, and wearing a Velcro spongy type shoe. So, not the smartest move I have made in a while....I step into the "garden" and sink up over my ankles. :th Waite...this cold wet mud, actually feels GREAT on my foot!!! Woohoo! Healing mud! My son turns around just in time to see me sinking and yells...." what in the sam hell are you doing in the mud with that foot"? :gig I said....healing! LOL
So, he comes over and takes the shovel...orders me out of the mud..and starts digging in. He was able to get 4 rows done in about 30 minutes. :weee It was HOT today, 90's and very windy. I am hoping tomorrow I will be able to get in there with my little seeds, and seedlings and get them safely planted in the ground. Wish me luck. Green beans...Lima beans...tomatoes and peppers..are on the list to be planted tomorrow. I Also have a TON, literal, of barn "stuff " I am planning to move to the ditches between the rows. Yummy stuff for the plants! Hubby said he will turn the other garden for me so I can get my Brussels sprouts planted. Tonight....steaks..corn on the cob, baked taters, and a bon fire....im pooped!

Quail_Antwerp

Cold is on the Right, Hot is on The Left
Reaction score
ooooh wonderful, cool, relaxing mud!!

today was so hot, I think I'd enjoyed rolling in mud like a pig.

justusnak

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Quail_Antwerp said:
ooooh wonderful, cool, relaxing mud!!

today was so hot, I think I'd enjoyed rolling in mud like a pig.
It was quite warm hu?? I really enjoyed my time outside. Yup, got me a tan going already! Woohoo! Hubby on the other hand is BURNT!! He washed and waxed my truck..without a shirt on. I kept warning him, he of course was " alright" Now..he is lobster red! MEN! LOL
I am sitting here soaking my foot in Epsome Salts Ahhhhhhhh. Feels soooo good!

justusnak

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
What a morning! I was able to get in the gardens this morning and get a few things planted.
The big garden I planted....
2 ... 20 ft rows of green beans
8 tomato plants
14 pepper plants
In the smaller garden.....
2 ... 15 ft rows of Lima beans..
8 Brussels sprouts

I still have to get in some radishes, for snacking...then, a few hills of cucumbers. It was 91 degrees at 10 am this morning. it's 2 pm, and I am inside....waiting on the "rain" If we don't get it by this evening...I will have to go water. Yeah, Mother Nature, DONT rain when I NEED it!! WITCH!!! :hide