JUSTUSNAK...Summer coming to an end!?

keljonma

Epicurean Goddess
Reaction score
I guess the blessing is the infection is in your throat, not your foot. I'm praying you recover quickly. Let your sister do every and anything to help you get through this.

Farmfresh

City Biddy
Reaction score
Do I dare say hurrah for strep throat? Glad it is not the foot and the antibiotics can't hurt that a bit. :)

justusnak

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I guess I am glad its strep, and not a bone infection. But really, strep?? UGH! I really feel like death warmed over. Glad my sis is coming in from Cincinnati, she will take care of me and the guys. What a good sister. :)

FarmerDenise

Out to pasture
Reaction score
Isn't it wonderfull to have good sister like that!!

Hope you feel better really, really soon. :fl

And I am sooo sorry about your little lamb. :hugs

I loved all the things everyone posted about what little kids say. I am so looking forward to watching my grandson getting older and coming up with his funnies ;)

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
Having had strep B4, I know that feeling all too well. Hope you feel better soon. :hugs

justusnak

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
So, I really don't have anything to report on....just wanted to check in.
Today was a beautiful day!! Sunshine...yes, I said it. WE HAD SUNSHINE!!!
I spent the whole day outside, planting flowers in my porch boxes while the men folk, ( DH and Son) mowed, weeded, and FINALLY tilled the garden area! :celebrate :th
I got up early, and got the call the tiller was ready, however, they are only open till noon today, so was the bank! It was 10 am when I got the call. So, my son and I ran into town, bank, drug store, and to get the tiller. As the young man was preparing to load my tiller, it started smoking terribly, and gas was pouring out all over!!!!!! :th I had JUST paid the bill!! The kid looked at it, and saw that there was not a gas shutoff valve. :duc He didn't see that over the 2 weeks they had it!??? I just looked at the kid and said, " well that's not going to work" He said he could have it fixed in 15 minutes. So, went to the drug store, got my prescriptions, and came back just as he was pulling it around. Finally....fixed!
I was so excited to get the garden tilled today...my little tomato and pepper plants are just itching to get their little feet into the soil. Just as hubby was finishing the last row, it started to rain. Of course!!!!!!! Thats ok, tomorrow I MIGHT be able to get my hands into the dirt.
My grandsons mother dropped him off today, to stay for a week. Hmmm, she has NEVER brought him out here, and after she left, I figured out why. The poor baby is burning up with fever, and coughing his little brains out. :somad :smack NOW I know why she was eager to bring him to us. This evening, after a warm bath, baby aspirin, and warm ( not too warm) jammies, he laid across my lap while I scratched his back....he looked up at me and said...Gramma, I think I will take a nap. ( it was 10 pm) He is resting now...and hopefully he will sleep through the night. He just wanted to lay with me all evening...not his dad! :love I just hope I don't catch whatever he is getting, mainly because I am still on antibiotics from having strep!
Tomorrow, if his fever is down, I will have him in the garden with me dropping green bean seeds in the rows. He just loves to " farm" This afternoon my son and grandson caught 3 small goldfish from the pond, and put them in the rain barrels. GS was so excited...he had to keep running out there to " check on them" We only have him for a week...and I hope his fever breaks tonight, so we can enjoy our short time together.
The foot is still hurting all day and night. When I went to the Dr and told him, he said......" there needs to be a certain level of pain, so as the pain starts going away, you know its healing" REALLY??????????? :smack So for now, I am toughing it out...trying not to over do it, but slowly getting up and around. I actually got "sunkissed" today!!
Well, its after midnight, and I am going to try to find the ever evasive sleep.

justusnak

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Mmonday...yes, it IS monday.I was up all night with my foot hurting, and the storms. I am sure the rain had a lot to do with why I was hurting. I was up untill 5 am...rubbing and complaining to myself. LOL
Oh the rain!! So, the garden area is tilled, and waiting. Looks like it will have to waite a while longer, as it is sitting with puddles all over. No way I can get in there now. Dang, I want to get in there NOW!!
The sun is shining, the winds are blowing, MAYBE this will dry up some????

Farmfresh

City Biddy
Reaction score
Man do I understand!

I stopped at the little seed herb shop near my house on the way home from the doctor today and hobbled in on my cane. Hurrah they still had some Yukon gold seed potatoes left.

As I was buying them the store owner, who has known me for quite sometime asked me. "How in the world do you expect to plant potatoes with that cane?"

"In my tater sack!" I told her. Then she laughed and agreed that was a good answer!

I have a rolling garden trolly that I sat on yesterday for about 15 minutes trying to pull a few weeds in my front square foot patch. It wiped me out!

justusnak

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Tuesday....WHAT A RIDE!!!!! I knew we were to get storms yesterday however, what I did NOT know was there were chances of tornado's. So, my son, grandson and I were sitting here watching the storm roll in....It starts getting rough, power flickering...winds getting stronger, small hail. Then, the winds changed direction almost completely, and were blowing in excess of 80 MPH according to my little wind gauge, ( which is now somewhere in another county I am sure) The rain was blowing completely sideways...then I realized.....TORNADO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I screamed for my son and grandson to get to the basement. grabbed a flashlight as the power went out....BY the time were were settled in the basement, it was over!
:hide My son went out afterwords to check the damages.
A few shingles lifted
some siding pulled out, and part of the soffett gone
several trees had the tops broken,
the front of the goat shed is gone
The front porch swing landed in the garden, and took out MOST of my peas that were just starting to get pods
The bird house was ripped off the pole, it was full of baby birds. :hit
and...my 5 baby turkeys, gone. :hit
The house is still standing...we are not injured..and the power was only out for about 24 hrs. So, all is....ok.
I called the insurance company for the siding and soffett damage, and will know in a few days. I am just glad we are all safe.
I hope all our friends in OK are well...prayers go out to them all.

Farmfresh

City Biddy
Reaction score
SO glad that you all are all right!!

At least your damages were minimal as well. Sorry to hear about the turkeys. That is too bad. :(

My daughter's house caught the tail end of a twister that simply eliminated a fast food restaurant near her house a few years back. She had similar damages and lost her fence as well. She said that she knew it was a twister when she looked out the window and all her hair was pulled out the window by the vacuum!! She grabbed the dogs and went to the basement.

She is still pretty easy to freak out now with a storm around.

Hope both you and the baby are feeling better tonight and can get some rest.