JUSTUSNAK...Summer coming to an end!?

justusnak

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
TanksHill said:
Go figure!!!

:p

do you still have that pin hanging out your toe?

Brave woman, you are.

g
Yup, Still have the pin...The other day I was ankle deep in mud...pin and all! LOL I just soaked it really good in Epsome Salts that night. One more week, and I lose the "toe jewelry" Woohoo!

ohiofarmgirl

Sipping Bacon Martinis
Reaction score
i'm so melting here too!

i already had to go out and water my seedlings a couple times - everything is getting burnt to a crisp! we were supposed to get some rain, but i'm thinking its not gonna happen.

curly_kate

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
The weather guys in Cinci are saying the rain is breaking up as it heads this way, but it's supposed to be a little cooler tomorrow! I was just sitting here thinking that I might have popsicles for dinner!

justusnak

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I am thinking the rain is gonna miss us as well. Dangit! The ONE time, ( so far this year) I want rain...Nooooooooooooooooooo, Not gonna happen. OK, back to the heat, and hoses!

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
See I'm not the only one melting today. We have a chance of some strong storms tomorrow afternoon, so I'll be working hard to get everything that I have to do done by then.

justusnak

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I hope you get everything done...We didn't get the rain....the one time I really wanted some. Oh well. I was able to get the garden watered, and the yard is still dry...so tomorrow we might get to mow. :)
I moved all the turkeys to one pen today. I hope the toms can get along. Tomorrow I will have to watch them closely. Another hot day tomorrow....so not too many plans. Besides, its still wet and muddy in most places. UGH!

justusnak

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Whew! It is already hot out there. The weather man said 87 for today..that's almost manageable.....however, I think it will get A LOT hotter. Its 10 am, and 87 already. :/ I really over did it yesterday, with my foot. I was up most of the night soaking, rubbing, soaking, rubbing. UGH!!
I guess I will do some light housework today...and call it quits. Maybe go sit under the willow and call my goose over for a good scratch. I have never had geese before....this one is a rescue....she (?) is solid white, and so sweet...and getting HUGH!!!! She has teamed up with the Indian runners, and they all pal around the place all day together. She is just learning to "honk" and it sounds so funny. She will squeak, squeak, HONK. :lol: What a silly goose. Do male geese have the same "curl" on their tail as ducks? Oh, and Indian Runners....same thing? Males have the curl? If so...I have all female runners..durnit! Oh well...they are not as friendly..they keep a good distance from us. :/
Time to get outside...sweat a little more....then get the house tackled. Hope everyone stays cool...and hydrated!!

keljonma

Epicurean Goddess
Reaction score
We're at 76 today, which is a 20 drop from the past few days. And today we have a 15 mph breeze I am willing to share. Stay cool!

savingdogs

Queen Filksinger
Reaction score
We have yet to see a really warm day here all year. Every day we get the same weather report "unseasonably cool".......I suppose it is easier to put on a sweater than cool off when it is 97 so I should probably shut up now. :hide

curly_kate

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I think it's so weird how at any given time in the US, people can be saying it's unseasonably hot/cold/wet/dry! Whenever I see the 'averages' reported, it always makes me wonder how often we actually get 'average' weather....

Justusnak - I think it feels a BIT less humid than yesterday, at least.