JUSTUSNAK...Summer coming to an end!?

moolie

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Wow, that is a boat-load of work--great job, they look wonderful :)

justusnak

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
moolie said:
Wow, that is a boat-load of work--great job, they look wonderful :)
Thanks Moolie, your right, it WAS a boatload of work, but I am thinking of doing ghosts, in the same manner....maybe, if I can find the time! LOL I have plenty supplies...just no time...and my hands hurt! LOL Only ONE bandaid, after all that....I think I did well! LOL

FarmerDenise

Out to pasture
Reaction score
When I look at your pic, I realize just how much work went into creating those pumkins. !!!! What a labor of love!!!! You are a good person! I am proud to know you.
It takes all of us to make this a good place for "our" kids to grow. And you have the most beautifull pumkin patch I can think of!

moolie

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Well, GO YOU if you decide to do the ghosts as well! I once built a bean-bag toss game and was exhausted just doing the one (it was a ghost as well)--I can't imagine doing as many as you've done with just the pumpkins!

justusnak

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Awwww shucks (blushing) Thanks everyone. I just want to make this something my grand kids, and the neighbor kids will remember...I will be taking LOTS of pics....im sure! LOL Now I have to make the "Pumpkin Patch" sign. I was thinking of making a few tombstones as well...and putting them out there in the tree's where the ghosts will be hanging. Will have to see what sort of time I have...LOL.
So, I just made it out to the coop's, to get everyone closed up. Its raining, lightening, winds, thunder...YIKES! COLD too! WOWSA!!
OK, so, its dark, I am grumbling about the storm...and rain...and dark...and having to use a flashlight...I am rushing out there...thinking the cats will SURELY stay on the porch in this weather....so I am not looking for them to be in the way....In my rush...through the first duck pen...forgetting just how slippery it is when it rains....I was trying to herd the ducks and goose into the house...when...Oh yeah...I went down..in the MUCK! Me cussing and screaming, the ducks scattered!! Why you little $*%#$ GET IN THE DUCK HOUSE!!!!! They all scrambled inside, I think out of fear of becoming roasted. Got the first pen in lock down, the pen next to them has 3 large white ducks and a black duck...they watched through the fence, I swear they were laughing when I fell. I was in NO MOOD to listen to them quack at me..so I stomped over there and just gave them " the look" in they went....by the time I got to the 3rd pen, the 2 ducks in there were already in their hut! GOOD DUCKS!....SMART ducks! So, now I am cold, wet, and angry...as I stomp off to the coop....in a rush...kick and step on a cat that screams like I was skinning it, scared the bejeeses out of me!! Cat runs ahead....I stand there in the rain...almost in tears. The lightening flash got me going again...so off to the coop! I get inside, its warm, the lights are on a timer..sorta welcoming. I close the door behind me....ON A CAT..again with the screaming!! JEESH! Pick up the cat...comfort him...and start closing all the pop doors, and gathering eggs. Now, WHY would I sit the flashlight down?? This coops is 30 ft long..and OF COURSE, when I am at the OTHER END, the timer goes off...I am left in the dark..with a bunch of now cackeling hens. :rolleyes: Luckily I have my cell phone..I use that dim light to find the flashligt. click, we have light! Woohoo! reset the timer, gave myself 10 more minutes to gather eggs...slip the flashlight in my back pocket. ;) Finally have everyone settled in, eggs gathered, PICK UP THE CAT, and head out the door. Now to get the other coop closed up...and get into the house. Back in the rain....to the other coop...everyone there is already on their perches..just waiting for me to get the doors closed. GOOD CHICKENS!! SAFE chickens! LOL Look for the cats...none in sight...so off I rush to the house...in the rain..when...from out of the tire planter jumps a cat. DANG CATS!! I yelled something...don't even know what I yelled, but that cat was off and running to the porch. Now I am inside....cleaned up, and a fire going to ward off the cold dampness. Coffee steaming in a cup next to me....I am better... LOL

TanksHill

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Wow, that was eventful. ;) Jeesh those darn cats. I hope this storm blows over for you.

Your little orange one looks just like mine. My Max has learned that in the evenings when I go down to lock up my birds there is a buffet of mice under the coop. He's getting fat and sassy.

:)

lorihadams

Always doing laundry
Reaction score
:lol: (I'm laughing WITH you not AT you, btw) This morning I had a run in with a goat so I feel you with the critters.

Those pumpkins look awesome!!! That is such a great idea! One year my brother spray painted pizza boxes and other pieces of cardboard cut into tombstone shapes and put on stakes and put them all over our front yard. It was so cool. We had our own little spooky graveyard....his decorations eventually got so elaborate that the neighborhood kids were too scared to come in our yard!

I'm sure all the kids will have a wonderful time!

justusnak

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Thanks Lori....I hope they do. I have to get busy here, and get some ghosts made...if I can find time to paint them, and sand them...here I GO! LOL