JUSTUSNAK...Summer coming to an end!?

justusnak

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
OK, Thursday...I have 2 days until the "big event" LOL Last night I sat in front of the wood stove and made 8 ghosts....cut and sanded them...then ohh, about midnight, I realized, I had NOT closed up the ducks. :th It was raining, and COLD! So, I trudge out there and get everyone in lock down. WITHOUT an issue I might add! LOL Today I HAVE TO paint these ghosts. No if's and's or but's about it! Friday I have to take the dogs to the groomers..and babysit my grand babies from 10 am until 2 pm. Then pick up the dogs..and finish with decorations for outside. The house is cleaned....well, as clean as it is going to get .... today is laundry day. YUK! However, I have to make sure I have enough blankets for everyone on the hay ride. whew! It is ubber windy out there, and 41 degrees. As soon as daylight hits, I am out the door to do the animal chores..and get my paints from the shop. Laundry and painting...laundry and painting....and I am thinking a pot of potato soup....oh yeah, sounds GOOD!!

moolie

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Glad the ducks are ok, and hope you actually got some sleep last night rather than painting through the night--looking forward to ghostie photos :)

rathbone

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
justusnak said:
The kid's will use black markers to "paint" faces on them...and I will put their names and date on the back. They can take home a memory...

I will "plant" the pumpkins in the field...so they can " pick a pumpkin":p
You do realize how cool this is right? Especially the fact that the kids get to put the faces on them and take them home to their own yard?! You are going to make some little people really happy!

justusnak

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Awww, Thanks Rathbone. Thats all I want...is to make these kids happy. Some of these kids coming have never been on a hayride....or to a bonfire. :/ I just want them to enjoy themselves, and have a little something to remember it by. Who knows....maybe we will make this a yearly tradition! :p

rathbone

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
I live in a teeny-tiny HOT desert area. No pumpkin patches available. The PTA is going to great lengths to purchase pumpkins and stage them for the kindergarten students to go to a "pumpkin patch". And I love it. This is the only opportunity my children would have so I love that they will get this little life experience. Very cool! You know that whole saying about it taking a village to raise a child. Well you are definitely doing your part.

justusnak

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Well, I have 8 ghosts finished. Not sure how many more I will be able to get done....but...8 is better than nothing! LOL These will hang from trees....peek out from behind bushes...LOL

99_ghosts2011.jpg

justusnak

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
rathbone said:
I live in a teeny-tiny HOT desert area. No pumpkin patches available. The PTA is going to great lengths to purchase pumpkins and stage them for the kindergarten students to go to a "pumpkin patch". And I love it. This is the only opportunity my children would have so I love that they will get this little life experience. Very cool! You know that whole saying about it taking a village to raise a child. Well you are definitely doing your part.
What a great thing for the PTA to do for the kids!!! Lucky kiddo's. I had thought about getting real pumpkins, but thought the parents would appreciate NOT having the "stinky pumpkins" laying around. Besides, the real pumpkins I buy, will be for the animals! LOL

moolie

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Oh those are just adorable!

I know all your hard work will make a very memorable evening for the kids, something they'll look back on for years to come :)