JUSTUSNAK...Summer coming to an end!?

PamsPride

Should be Sewing
Reaction score
Ahhhh...Jan 1st sounds like it was such a 'romantic' day!!! It is always so nice to have family come visit!!

justusnak

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Oh Kel..I can sit back now and laugh...sorta! :/ It definately got me a little more motivates to get the small coop and run finished! If I have to get the sawsall out there myself...I will! :lol:
Pam, it was a "romantic" sorta day. I just know....thats a sign...This is going to be a great year! ( positive thinking) ;)

2dream

Flibbertigibbet
Reaction score
Just got a chance to read your journal. I can't help it. I laughed at you.
Sounds like you are having a great time everyday. Even with the pop door crawl. My family thinks I have lost my mind sitting here laughing out loud at a computer screen.
And I am with you - 2009 is gonna be a great year.

justusnak

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
2dream...sometimes I think I named this place wrong...We named it "Heavens Door Acres" I think it should be called..."Never a dull moment" It has been an adventure for sure...living and learning.

prairiegirl

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
justusnak said:
"Never a dull moment" It has been an adventure for sure...living and learning.
You could be describing our place. Chaos most of the time. Always something. I tell my DH that I don't see us growing old and being bored. He tells me it all keeps us young.

justusnak

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
It keeps us young.....yeah...thats what MY dh says! HA! I just dont see us ever being bored...or even resting. LOL I dont mind...most days. Its those days when you would rather just go fishing...but the garden needs weeded, or canning needs done! LOL I MISS FISHING!! :(
Today was a "slow" day here. Just a few normal "chicken/turkey chores" My sone came out with the grandson. He was bored really quick, because I was walking the pasture picking up branches..he didnt want to help. So, Like any grandma...when an 8 yr old boy gets "bored" you find them a job..and when thats done..find them another. LOL
We had cut down an old mulberry tree that got hit my lightening...last spring. All the wood was stacked neatly on a slab of concrete by the barn. I decided...it woudl be good to burn but needed it moved to the house, some few hundred feet away. So, gave the boy a few corn sacks...told him to fill em up, and drag them back. he made a total of about 6 or 7 trips, but got it all done. He played with the cat for a while, and was bored again. DH and I were boxing up the outdoor Christmas deco....so here he comes again...chatter chatter...im bored. GREAT! I need the bird feeders filled! The bucket is in the coop...about 200 ft from the house....so is the corn. He went got the bucket, filled it with cracked corn, and helped me fill the feeders. I think I wore him out, because after that he sat quietly on the front porch, in the sun with the kitty while DH and I finished boxing things up. :lol: After we finished..I took the grandson out to collect eggs. He gets really excited when he finds a warm one. :love Sweet kid!
Had breakfast for supper...Ham,eggs, and pancakes. Was really not in the mood to make a big dinner. This evening, DH and I sat and talked about next springs purchases, and plans. Guess we are going to tear out the hog pen we have, and reconstruct it.....so we can raise 2 at a time..with more room. This is my favorite time of year...planning for spring/summer. Talked about the new garden plot we started last fall for this springs gardening...and where we will plant the peach trees I have on order. Time for bed...if the rain holds off tomorrow..we need to lug all the Christmas deco back to the barn loft...and I would like to get started tearing out the old hog pen.

justusnak

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Kel, I already have my first order in! Whatcha waiting on??? :lol: Im waiting to get another catalog...so I can order the others...I can almost smell the rich...fresh turned soil....Ahhhhhhhh.

justusnak

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
:lol: DH said I was " jumping the gun" But, honestly...I can already feel the dirt under my nails.