JUSTUSNAK...Summer coming to an end!?

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
If that's doomed, load me up! :lol: I know...weird winter and makes me think we have one hot and droughty summer acomin'. I'm not up in my cool, clear mountain land anymore so summer will be a whole lotta sweat and misery and trying to keep cool. :sick

We haven't had one decent snow yet...this does not bode well. Easy on the firewood, not so good for gardens and fruit trees that think it's spring.

justusnak

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Oh, LOL, I meant doomed for this summer. I think we might have a hot dry summer as well. So, I am going to try to get as many rain barrels as I can, and get them all lined up and hooked together, so they can fill up. I wont get us through a dry summer...but it will help! I just wish I had the finances to get the pond dug out, but wow...$5,000 is out of our price range for now. We have the small pond/puddle...but if we have a dry year...well....that might just be gone too, and then we will have stinky dead fish all over the place. :sick

snapshot

Farmwife
Reaction score
Brussel sprouts put me in the ER once. I was pretty young and did not realize they were little cabbages. I am allergic to cabbage! I ate a large bowl of the for lunch and they were wonderful--for a while!

justusnak

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
snapshot said:
Brussel sprouts put me in the ER once. I was pretty young and did not realize they were little cabbages. I am allergic to cabbage! I ate a large bowl of the for lunch and they were wonderful--for a while!
YIKES!!!! Glad all went well tho. I just love em...can't seem to get enough, and now that this crazy weather is warming up, I am hoping to get a few more... LOL

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
I showed my hubby the pic of the tools, and he says that might be used for drilling a hole in the ice, but he's not sure.

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
That's some kind of manual auger. Pretty nice haul! :D Congrats!

justusnak

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Denim Deb said:
I showed my hubby the pic of the tools, and he says that might be used for drilling a hole in the ice, but he's not sure.
Maybe if it was sharpened up it could be. I tried to use it today, in the dirt...lets just say...it was not meant for a 5 ft tall person to use. LOL Hubby thinks it was made for making holes to set plants in, in the garden. Either way....12 tools, $10. Not bad....we are going to sharpen up and clean the shovels...and oil them down good. Never have enough shovels! ( I think we have 10 or 15 spade shovels already. ) They are having another sale next Monday...I can't wait to see what they have then! Tools I hope!! :)

justusnak

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
So, hubby brought home 2 more large...and I mean LARGE pine crates. They get molds shipped in them, so they are very well built, and strong. The 2 he brought home last nite were 5 ft tall....and roughly 4 ft square. There are 3 more he still needs to get from work, 2 at a time. :D We sat down this morning and worked out the plans for 2 wood sheds. Both will be about 8 x 10..6ft tall on the North end, and 8 ft tall on the South end. The openings will face each other, solid floors ( with 1/2 inch holes drilled for air flow about every 3 ft) Once he gets the last crates home, with what we already have in the shop, we SHOULD have enough to make both of these sheds...and the cost?? $O FREE BABY!! Ohhh yeah!!! We have nails....shingles...( all were donated from others projects) and the crated are free...so just the work we will put into them. No more wet firewood. *sigh* I am so excited. :D
Of course...we will not be able to start on them until spring...but, we will have all we need to get it done...once the weather turns nice.

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
That's AWESOME! What a great find, and a great use for them too! :woot You're on a roll!