JUSTUSNAK...Summer coming to an end!?

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
Those wounds are so nasty! Amazing work! And sounds like you did a pretty amazing job as well Justy ;) That sounds like a fun/exhausting job.

Glad Freedom went somewhere nice :)

justusnak

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Wow, mid April....already! Things are humming right along here...well, more like everything is moving in a flurry! BIL is here for the week to help hubby get a few of the bigger, harder projects done outside. They fixed the siding and eaves on the house that were lifted from the last storm, looks great! Unfortunately, there was a huge nest of starlings in the eave....so they pulled it out. A nest of fuzzy babies fell to the ground. :( I grabbed them up, and took them to the barn where there is another nest of 4 babies...almost the same age. Momma bird was gone...so I plopped the 4 babies in that nest. What a surprise SHE got when she got "home" LOL She went from 4 babies to 8! So far, she is keeping up with them all....it has been 3 days.
Last week I was able to get my meaties....15 fat little chicks in the brooder. YUMMY! Soon I will be able to move them outside...I hope. Woke this morning to a heavy frost.
99_dsc02728.jpg
Guess those meaties will have to wait a little longer to feel the sunshine on their fat little bodies. LOL
My beets are coming up just fine...so are the peas. I think I MIGHT try to get the green beans in this weekend...no, I can't...my weekend is full! LOL
The rescue I work with has donated several cages....like for ferrets, guinea pigs, rats, etc....so I will get them all cleaned up, and have an open house here at the farm.....offering them to the public for donations of feed or bedding. There are probably 20 or so cages. What doesn't go...I will donate to another rescue.. keep them moving! No since letting them go to the trash, these are good cages!!
The hounds are growing fast! They were neutered Tuesday....finished with their rabies shots...ready to go to new homes. It will be bitter sweet, I have been getting attached to them...but they NEED to go to forever homes.
Little ducks hatching left and right here....OVERLOAD!!! LOL Turkeys due around the 27th/28th. Still looking for a few pigs to grow out. That's about it.....trying to keep up with it all...today I need to make more laundry soap...and get the blankets washed and put up. Hoping I can get hubby to drag the mattresses out to sit in the sunshine for the day. They SO need it!

moolie

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Sounds like you are definitely keeping busy--so glad the momma bird accepted her new babies!

snapshot

Farmwife
Reaction score
Sounds like you are keeping up with your Spring duties!!!!! Love the moma birdie with surprise extras!!!!!!

justusnak

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Ahhh, taking a rest. It is actually quite warm out there in the sunshine. I ran to town earlier to get a few things.....came home and planted the 8 flower boxes on the front porch...Lemon Thyme, red petunias, and Moss Roses. The lemon Thyme is to keep the cats out,( plus it will be great with chicken dishes) and give a lemon scent on those warm summer nights. The 2 pots by the steps have Rosemary, red geraniums and Moss roses. Should smell good out there this summer, and I have herbs to use, right on the front porch!
99_dsc027321.jpg

99_dsc02731.jpg

Hubby and BIL are fussing around out there, cleaning up piles of "stuff" that laid all winter. Trying to get the place spruced up a bit, before the open house. We relocated the Lavender bush over next to the duck house. Next year when it blooms, it should help with..the odor! LOL I believe it is a white Lavender...at least I am hoping that is the one that survived. Wont know until next year I guess. :/
Next week I will be getting a few more apple trees....since my 2 cherry trees didn't make it. :(

justusnak

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
So, I have been waiting to get a picture before I posted about this.... April 11th, 2012...... Adylin Paige was brought into this world, as our 8th grand child, ( 7th living) She was 3 weeks early....momma had pre eclampsia (sp?) and Adylin had to be taken by C section. She was then taken to another hospital, over an hour away. :( So far she is doing OK, just having a bit of a time feeding. She is getting stronger every day tho, and we are hoping to have her in our arms soon.
So, here she is.... 6 pounds, 15 ounces, 19 inches long.... Little Miss Adylin Paige. :love :love :love
99_adylin_paige.jpg

moolie

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
What a cutie-pie! Glad to hear she's doing well, and hope her Mom is doing equally well as they both heal and get to know each other :)

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
You forget how tiny a new born is. She's bigger than my DD was at birth, but looks so small. :love

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
She's bigger than I was at 2 weeks early, still she does look so tiny. She's beautiful! Congrats to all involved in the genetic makeup ;)