JUSTUSNAK...Summer coming to an end!?

BarredBuff

El Presidente de Pollo
Reaction score
Shew!! Lordy!!! Rough day or what? I know exactly what you mean. The other day, my young meat cockerels attacked my shoe laces. Then the rabbits growled and tried to smack me. The hamster run loose in the house until we caught it. Then the dog ran loose by accident, and got away twice. And the Drake killed a hen. The roo is getting aggressive as well. When I wrap up hatching in the next two weeks, I am killing some male poultry. They are getting mean lately! :th

justusnak

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Im not sure what is going on here...but...there will be a "killing day" soon, if they don't all settle down!

DianeS

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
LOL! My largest Cornish Rock cockerel has decided my left shoe is evil. And my two nursing does think it's their duty to pretend to hate me. It must be in the water.

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
Sounds like you really had a rough go of it! RU bought a sheep awhile back. I'm not sure if it actually belongs to her or to CL, but it's in CL's field. And the dumb thing kept wanting to attack me! It no longer attempts to. I didn't study karate for 8 year w/out learning how to give some very good kicks and I chased that dumb sheep all over one day until it learned NOT to attack me.

justusnak

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Well.....I thought that week was bad...the rooster attack, the buck attack...it ended even worse!!!! Saturday, the 12th...hubby and I went to KY, to my sisters. We intended to have a great day away from the farm. Cooking out..having fun in the zip line she bought...nice, relaxing...fun....ended with me in U of L trauma center. See....we put up the zip line. It was a REAL one, just not with a harness....it had the round disc seat, and the handles...with brakes. Well....the brakes didn't work....it was 190 ft zip line...I got on..and by the time I got to the bottom, I must have been going about 40 mph....brakes failed....I hit the end, flew off..went about 20 ft in the air, flipping head over heals twice, landed on my back, bounced up and went another 3 feet before coming to a stop on my left side. By the time hubby got to me...my arms were drawn up against my chest, my eyes were off to the side..and I was gasping for air. I don't remember it, I was knocked unconscious...the wind knocked out of me. I was told I said..." I am alright, just help me get up" and as I tried, hubby had to lay across me to hold me down...then I was out again. At one point my niece came running up, she is 8 yrs old, crying and asking me if I was OK....I came to and said, " yes, I am ok, but I think I broke my butt" she said..." OMG, really? " and I said..yep, don't you see the crack? Then I was out again. I DO remember the guy from the ambulance being there..telling me to undo my shorts so he could feel my back. Apparently they are not allowed to undo clothing. :hu So, I was taken to the trauma center in KY. After all the X-rays...CT scans..I have a cracked tail bone...a cracked sternum...and a concussion. YUK!! I think I was pretty lucky tho...at least I am NOT paralyzed!! I spent 3 days in bed, then I had to get up...couldn't take laying down any more. I am taking it slow...and easy....but I am back to my chores. Just takes me a LOT longer to get them done. :/

SSDreamin

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Holy Crow!!!

Glad you're on the mend, and didn't lose your sense of humor, even if you don't remember any of it!

justusnak

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Thanks everyone. It will be a slow healing process....but, I am up, and moving...THAT is what matters....AND the fact that it did NOT happen to one of the kids! :cool: