JUSTUSNAK...Summer coming to an end!?

justusnak

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Dawn419 said:
Congrat's on your awesome scores! :celebrate

It's looking like we're going to have a good blackberry crop here this year, too! :fl
Everyone here is talking about how well their berry crops are looking....I am so excited! Now I am off to get mine planted...wont get berries this year..but, hopefully next!

TanksHill

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Congrats on the new goat. She is beautiful. My daughters drink goats milk as well. Unfortunately I have to buy mine. They feel much better after switching from cow to goat as well.

So where do you plan to plant the berries? Are yo going to trellis them or perhaps build an A frame?

g

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
WOW! You hit the jackpot on the country lotto girl :woot That is AWESOME, and a very pleasing to the eye doe to boot! Nice! :thumbsup

justusnak

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
TanksHill said:
Congrats on the new goat. She is beautiful. My daughters drink goats milk as well. Unfortunately I have to buy mine. They feel much better after switching from cow to goat as well.

So where do you plan to plant the berries? Are yo going to trellis them or perhaps build an A frame?

g
I am planting them at the edge of the small garden, We are putting in T post...and wire for them to climb on, It is galvanized wire, we used for the corner of the pastures, to tighten the posts. Very strong, and wont rust.

justusnak

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
What a busy day!! Now that i have another doe...it almost seems my work has tripled! I guess because I had to change up the feeding order...and I am thrown off kilt a bit. Fed the barn animals.....then to the chickens. As I was finishing with the ducks, I decided I needed to move the meat chickens.....again! I want to keep them on pasture so I move the pen every few days. Finished with them, and noticed one of the cats laying in the grass with something by her...and 2 of the others laying off to the side staring at her. I get over to her and realize she had a newborn kitten!!! Just great....it was ICE cold...and stiff. So I picked her up and moved her and the kitten to an old nest box, sitting outside the coop. fresh straw...she is settled in...so I go off to finish chicken chores.....fed the rabbits...and as I walked to the house...I saw her carry another kitten towards the nest box. :/ OK, so somewhere ...there is a nest of kittens...so off I go, to the shop...seems like a "good" place to have kittens. I was right, I found them up on a pile of Styrofoam Insulation. They too were ice cold....barely moving. So I reach up and wiggle the Styrofoam and get them to slide to me one by one. The last one wasn't moving. Cold, stiff...but alive. I get them out into the sunshine, and message the stiff one. It starts moving some...so I took them all to momma cat. She is resting well with all her kittens now, Just what we DON'T need....more kittens....8 weeks, off the the vet SHE goes!!! Then I needed to clean and fill all the duck pools...and set the new pool out for the last pen. Made the baby duck pen a little larger...and just as I was finishing up, company. A "friend" came out with her 2 kids, to "play with the animals" :rolleyes: There went an hour of my day. After they left, I packed hubbys dinner...and he was off to work, I went into town...helped DS and DIL hang some pics in the house. Picked up feed, made a stop to the store, and came home. Got the feed put away, closed the coops, fed the dogs and cats....fed the barn animals, milked, closed the barn....and NOW.... 8:20 pm.....got my coffee, and am done for the night...after I go plant those blackberry starts i JUST remembered needs planting still. :th OK, so I am ALMOST done for the night!

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
I'd help if I were there!!! I hope you get it all done! I HATE to leave things undone it just ,makes tomorrow longer from the start.

justusnak

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Thanks WBF I did it! Hubby had prepped the area I wanted them in....so it really wasn't that hard, dig a hole, drop them in, water. LOL Tomorrow we will put in the T posts.

99_dsc02911.jpg

justusnak

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
OK, what a way to end this day! I was hot, tired, and sore....so I decided to go take a long hot shower.....relaxing!! I was feeling pretty good....and walked into the kitchen to get one more cup of coffee....when I saw this!! It was sitting on the kitchen floor....DAREING me to walk in. I think I peed a little...so after I got it in the jar, back to the shower. This is ONE BIG HORNET!!!!!! Now I will have to watch where they are building the nest...and try to destroy it. *shivers* these things freak me out!!!

99_dsc02930.jpg