JUSTUSNAK...Summer coming to an end!?

Quail_Antwerp

Cold is on the Right, Hot is on The Left
Reaction score
I am praying for all of you, just! your DIL and your baby granddaughter...and for Autumn.

Please update us as soon as you can! :hugs

FarmerDenise

Out to pasture
Reaction score
Prayers for your DIL, the baby and Autumn.

I also want to say the premies are in good hands these days. being two months or so early is usually not that big a deal.
I have a friend who had 2 children born at 5 months. They both have cerebral palsy and the younger one had all kinds of problems at first. But both kids are healthy young adults now.
These babies were born a lot earlier than your grandchild and about 25 years ago. Medicine for premies has come a long way since then.
I am sending prayers, nontheless :)

justusnak

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
When I came in last...she was up, and pawing at the ground. I just came back in, after being out there 3 more hours. She is down again...there was a bloody mucus coming from her vag area...and she pushed a few times...nothing. I had to come back inside. This winter storm is getting bad..and its getting dark...and I havent eaten all day. I looked..no lambs coming out...I just dont know what to do!!

big brown horse

Hoof In Mouth
Reaction score
J, get something nourishing and warm into your body ASAP. :hugs I will be here (in and out) all afternoon for moral support. Hang in there girl!!! :hugs

justusnak

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Thanks BBH, I am drinking coffee now...and just got the woodstove going again. Im worn out!! Im not sure how much longer I can stay in that barn!

big brown horse

Hoof In Mouth
Reaction score
justusnak said:
Thanks BBH, I am drinking coffee now...and just got the woodstove going again. Im worn out!! Im not sure how much longer I can stay in that barn!
J, my book says to have her walk around. Not sure if you are doing this but it says it helps. It also has some tips on how (and when) to assist a difficult delivery. If you want me to type them out, I will. :) :hugs

justusnak

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Oh no BBH, thanks. All I can do now is waite untill tomorrow, and call the vet back out I think. I tried to get her up again...and walking. She wont budge. She curls her fet under her. What a brat!

Ldychef2k

Survival Chef
Reaction score
Yes, they did that for my grandchildren as well, the steroids. My daughter's water broke at 28 weeks with #1. She was not dilated. Her doctor kept her in the hospital, in bed, for three weeks. They did a special ultrasound every day to measure the amount of amniotic fluid that she had. Every time she sat even partially upright, she would leak. She got the the "it's time" level in three weeks, was induced and had a 45 minute labor. It was stressful, but the end result was perfect. (She's practicing her flute in the next room as I type!)

With DGD#2, she lost her mucus plug at 30 weeks, had the same bedrest but just for a week, and delivered at 31 weeks, the exact number of days of gestation she had with #1. #2 was stronger, and still is! She's a PISTOL !

I am praying for everyone I can think of in your family !!!!!

justusnak said:
Thanks Ldychef.
They are giving my DIL steroid shots to help with the growth of the baby's lungs. The DIL is NOT dialated...so thats a plus, but they said she will probably deliver tomorrow. :/ This baby HAS to make it.....she is our FIRST grand daughter...we have 5 grand sons! I am headed back to the barn...I think I can feel my toes now. :rolleyes:

justusnak

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I just got a call from my son. They are rushing my DIL in for emergency C section. The baby's heart rate is dropping. :( I can't get up there to the hospital, its almost 2 hours away, and we are haveing a terrible snow storm. I think I am haveing a mental breakdown. :barnie