JUSTUSNAK...Summer coming to an end!?

Quail_Antwerp

Cold is on the Right, Hot is on The Left
Reaction score
justusnak said:
Just got a call from my son.... baby is 2 lbs, 11 oz. Her oxygen level is 96%, but they have her on oxygen as a preventative. Mother is doing fine. :weee
CONGRATULATIONS!! :)

We'll continue the prayers for your new granddaughter, son, DIL, and your sheep!

Hugs!

Ldychef2k

Survival Chef
Reaction score
Start shopping for doll clothes! It will be a while before she can wear newborn sizes ! Doll diapers?

FarmerDenise

Out to pasture
Reaction score
They do make premie diapers ;)
Even cabbage patch doll clothes are too big for premies :/
But there are places that sell premie clothes. She'll be in an incubator for a while anyway and won't be needing too many clothes. :p But it is still fun to dress them up and they usually do get sent home before they fit in newborn clothes.

Just hoping everthing is ok with the baby and the sheep.

Dace

Revolution in Progress
Reaction score
:clap Congrats!!!!

2# 11 oz? Wow, tiny girl!!!!

I am sure she will do wondefully!

Congrats again! Big day!

Wifezilla

Low-Carb Queen - RIP: 1963-2021
Reaction score
Doctors are SO much better with preemies now days!
Yup.

2 lbs is so tiny. Especially when you consider I gave birth to 8 1/2 pounders :p I am so glad the little thing is in good hands.

My SIL had twin boys that were preemies. Of course, their preemie weight was 6lbs :gig They look silly in the preemie ward next to the little tiny things like your grand daughter. My BIL is 6'5" and my SIL is 5'9". Had they gone full term they would have been 9 pounders.
:th

As for preemie clothes, this lady is in my town and has actually ordered printing from us. I don't know how the clothes are but I do know she has a real company, has been in business for years, and paid her bill on time! LOL
http://www.annaspreemie.com/annas_preemie_home.html

justusnak

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Well....I went out this morning..and Autumn was taking her last few breaths. I went inside to try and retrieve the babies...I could not get in the cervix. It felt like it was almost sewn shut. The babies were not moveing...she passed with her head in my lap. :( I tried all I could....I couldn't save this one either. I just dont know what I am doing wrong. Maybe I am not cut out to raise sheep!? I am second guessing myself now, on my shetlands. Maybe I should just sell them all...and go a different rout...I dont know. My head is spinning...im worn out..and I cant think straight.

noobiechickenlady

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
So sorry to read about the loss of Autumn. But seriously, congrats on the baby-girl! Think about her and maybe take a step back on the sheep, at least for a little bit? Sounds like you are very frustrated. :hugs

When DS was born, he stayed in NICU for a while. There were twins there, born at 6 months, who weighed about 2-1/2 lbs. They were so tiny but perfect. They kept them in the same incubator and they cuddled against each other. We still go to the same clinic for checkups every 2 years and they are almost as tall as me, 5'3" or so. They're 11 :p

SheriM

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
I haven't been on the forum for a couple of days and just got caught up. I'm so sorry about the loss of both ewes, but please try not to blame yourself. You did all you could and their problems had nothing to do with your care or your ability to raise sheep. These were rescues who didn't have the proper care before they came to you, which can cause all kinds of problems...problems you can't fix once the damage is done. Be proud that you gave both girls all the love and care they could handle in their final months.