JUSTUSNAK...Summer coming to an end!?

Quail_Antwerp

Cold is on the Right, Hot is on The Left
Reaction score
yes, Just, I agree, this weather is crazy right now, but I'm ready! BRING IT! (spring I mean...nothing else!)

I'm ready for no snow, warm temps, planting the garden, no snow, baby chicks, mowing grass, no snow, cleaning out the coops, collecting eggs...did i mention I'm ready for no snow?

justusnak

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Yep Murphy, I get teary eyes every time I look at it.
BIL came over today, just as I was makeing breakfast....and brought his 2 daughters...threw in the rest of the bacon, added a few more biscuits...and fed everyone. Then I worked it off of them all! ;) Hubby and BIL was able to get all the outside decorations down, and put in the garage. I took the girls to the barn, had them move a few bales of hay for me...while I fed the sheep. The we went to the coops..and fed everyone in there. Everyone is fed, and happy...the girls are out playing in the mud. Hubby and BIL are playing PS2, tour of duty or something like that. Some war game...and LOUD I might add!!! :/
Got the kitchen cleaned...and I am relaxing for a bit. Getting ready to call my son, for a checkup on baby Kaylen.
With all the Christmas stuff down..and the mud...it looks so sad and dreary out there. I cant wait to see fresh grass.....baby chicks..and hopefully little lambs in the pasture. :D

Quail_Antwerp

Cold is on the Right, Hot is on The Left
Reaction score
Whoohoo! you got a lot accomplished today! and had help!! that's awsome!

:thumbsup

justusnak

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
21 Jan 10

Well, here is the latest on baby Kaylen....
They detected a heart murmer on Tuesday. Her little tummy was very distended...and they were worried about a perferated bowel. :/ After a few xrays..and echo cardiogram....the heart murmer might be able to be treated with meds...and she really needed to poo! She was able to poo, and the nurse said.. " Quite a large one at that!" Guess she needed a bath after it! THATS MY GIRL!! ;) Make them nurses work for ya baby! They started the meds for her heart...and the morning report today was that she has only had one episode, ( heart rate fluctuating) per shift, since they started it. IF the murmer is not corrected by Friday...they will do surgery. Poor little one. She is fighting so hard!! She is however back up to her original birth rate of 2 pounds 11 ounces. :D Oh, and there was blood in her poo....so they are looking into that as well. I am thinking it was from the super large bowel movement..but we will see. The kids ( son and DIL) are just so uptight right now...argueing about the smallest things. I just pray thier marriage can take this test.
The other day...my son told me something...he said....
Mom, we was driveing to an appointment the other day...and I noticed a squirell on the side of the road. I dont normally pay any attention to them, but this one was PERFECT! It was not scrawny or shaggy..or too fat. Its tail was perfect bushy..I was so amazed at how pretty this little squirell was.......then......it ran out in front of me!!:barnie I couldnt miss it...I ran it over..and actually heard its little scull crush under the car tires..... ( This is where he started BAWLING) I couldnt help but cry with him, and hold him, and tell him its OK to cry. I have cried more this year so far, than all together last year! UGH!!!
Yesterday I went out to the shop to get the humidifier out. Since we have been useing this newer woodstove, I have had sinus headaches. I am sure its because of the dryness. I have a tea kettle on the stove, but it just cant humidify the room well enough. Our humidifier is a 10 gallon one. Its humming away now, next to me, and I actually DONT have a headache! Whew! What a relief.
I was finally able to get my grow light....and have been saveing TP rolls to get my seeds started. I cant waite to get my hands in the soil! I am going to try a little experiment this year, putting a light fan on them, to strengthen the stems as they grow.
I should be planting the Peas here soon...I hope that old hog pen works for me as a garden. Im thinging it will...but it really needs MORE sunshine. Hmmmm...might have to trim out the old pinoak willow.
I still need to get all the christmas deco to the barn, and hauled up to the loft area. I wish it would dry out some...so I can have my garage back!!
Off to tend the animals....then get a few loads of laundry out while I can.

Dace

Revolution in Progress
Reaction score
Justy, your little Kaylen is in my prayers.

We are having gloomy wet weather here....this will no doubt be our worst storm of the year. I love it! But I know what oyu mean about the general January gloom....all the festive holiday decor put away and it is just plain old dreary! Ugh.

big brown horse

Hoof In Mouth
Reaction score
My daughter has a heart murmer, she was born with two holes in her heart. One closed on its own and one had to be surgically closed. (The one that closed on its own makes a peeping sound but doesn't allow any blood to pass.)

They repaired it surgically by entering her body through her groin, no open heart surgery. Thank God. That was 8 years ago, they have really come a LONG way with heart stuff. There are great support systems out there for families too these days. :) The one I was part of is called "heart to heart".

I will keep her in my prayers. :)

February is national heart-health awareness month y'all!

Ldychef2k

Survival Chef
Reaction score
Poor little baby girl...

You know, my daughter was a preemie (as were her two girls). She had a heart problem, but her girls escaped it. The problem she had was called a patent ductus arteriosus. That means that the artery which shuttles blood back and forth between the umbilical cord and the heart and lungs(which normally shuts on its own right after birth) never closed. Because it didn't close, too much blood gave her heart and lung congestion, so they had to close it surgically. It was done through a small incision in her back, right under the shoulder blade. They called it "the appendectomy of heart surgeries". Yeah, tell that to a first time mom !!! I was terrified. But it was a cinch. They actually waited until she was 18 months old to fix it, but that may not be the case with Kaylen.

Hope that was even the smallest encouragement.

prairiegirl

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Kaylen sounds like a little fighter. You will all be in my prayers.

I've been troubled with headaches, too. We've had a terrible time finding replacement filters for our humidifers. As much as I dislike doing it, we may have to buy a new one.
Glad you found relief and feel better.

homesteadmomma

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
justusnak said:
21 Jan 10

Well, here is the latest on baby Kaylen....
They detected a heart murmer on Tuesday. Her little tummy was very distended...and they were worried about a perferated bowel. :/ After a few xrays..and echo cardiogram....the heart murmer might be able to be treated with meds...and she really needed to poo! She was able to poo, and the nurse said.. " Quite a large one at that!" Guess she needed a bath after it! THATS MY GIRL!! ;) Make them nurses work for ya baby! They started the meds for her heart...and the morning report today was that she has only had one episode, ( heart rate fluctuating) per shift, since they started it. IF the murmer is not corrected by Friday...they will do surgery. Poor little one. She is fighting so hard!! She is however back up to her original birth rate of 2 pounds 11 ounces. :D Oh, and there was blood in her poo....so they are looking into that as well. I am thinking it was from the super large bowel movement..but we will see. The kids ( son and DIL) are just so uptight right now...argueing about the smallest things. I just pray thier marriage can take this test.
The other day...my son told me something...he said....
Mom, we was driveing to an appointment the other day...and I noticed a squirell on the side of the road. I dont normally pay any attention to them, but this one was PERFECT! It was not scrawny or shaggy..or too fat. Its tail was perfect bushy..I was so amazed at how pretty this little squirell was.......then......it ran out in front of me!!:barnie I couldnt miss it...I ran it over..and actually heard its little scull crush under the car tires..... ( This is where he started BAWLING) I couldnt help but cry with him, and hold him, and tell him its OK to cry. I have cried more this year so far, than all together last year! UGH!!!
Yesterday I went out to the shop to get the humidifier out. Since we have been useing this newer woodstove, I have had sinus headaches. I am sure its because of the dryness. I have a tea kettle on the stove, but it just cant humidify the room well enough. Our humidifier is a 10 gallon one. Its humming away now, next to me, and I actually DONT have a headache! Whew! What a relief.
I was finally able to get my grow light....and have been saveing TP rolls to get my seeds started. I cant waite to get my hands in the soil! I am going to try a little experiment this year, putting a light fan on them, to strengthen the stems as they grow.
I should be planting the Peas here soon...I hope that old hog pen works for me as a garden. Im thinging it will...but it really needs MORE sunshine. Hmmmm...might have to trim out the old pinoak willow.
I still need to get all the christmas deco to the barn, and hauled up to the loft area. I wish it would dry out some...so I can have my garage back!!
Off to tend the animals....then get a few loads of laundry out while I can.
I have not been on here in a long time and wanted to let you know that your granddaugther, her parents and you are in my prayers. My youngest has diagnosed with Rett Syndrome at 24 months and while it is not life threathening it caused major issues in our family. It affects every part of her, but the reason I am telling you this is because my dh and I went through a very rough time, several months of "pretending" we were together for the two oldest kid's sake. We survived and our marriage is stronger now. It is hard but hopefully the stress will ease up and their family will become more united and stronger through all of this. HUGS!!!

PS. You are 100% right, it is not just okay to cry, it helps!

justusnak

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
26 Jan 10

Well, we got the news from Kaylens nurse. The meds worked!! :ya Her heart murmer is gone!! NO SURGERY!!!!!:weee I cant even begin to put into words the relief. Everyone here is breathing a collective sigh. Now to get her back on a good feeding schedule..and grow baby grow!!!!:love I cant waite to hold her in my arms...and kiss her little head..breath in that sweet baby smell. :love Just wanted to let everyone know....PRAYERS WORKED!! Thank you GOD!!!