keljonma's Front Porch - Settling in and adjusting

sylvie

Recycled Spunk
Reaction score
You should seriously consider writing children's books.
That was rivoting, easily understood and visually descriptive. And a happy ending, no less. Your chickens sure are giving you material aren't they?
I worked on an arts benefit committee with a group of wealthy women in Shaker Heights and the chatter around the invitation envelope stuffing table was how they all send the kiddos to farm camps every year. Just sayin'...!

Ok, I meant after the cookbook gets published, lol! No pressure. :p

PamsPride

Should be Sewing
Reaction score
I am right on the PA border...literally....it is the other half of our road. My BFF is on the west side of Cleveland but, I do not even think you will be going that far east either.

Do you see on the right side of the map....route 7 and Stanhope I live just a little south of that over on the yellow OH/PA line.

PamsPride

Should be Sewing
Reaction score
You are not far from me at all!! I see garage sale ads in the Free Press all the time for Dorset.

dacjohns

Our Frustrated Curmudgeon
Reaction score
I loved the Eleanor story.

roosmom,

If you are going to Western KY I am not too far from Paducah.

roosmom

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Thanks anyway keljonma, you too PP. I am just tring to get my ducks in a row before, ya know?
Dac, she lives in Carrolltown, I do not know where that is compared to anything!
I was going to try to get contact people in lower michigan (my brother) and in Ohio and whatever the next state is lol, these are just in case peoples! So if something does break down and it is freezing and if the contact person is close, then we could go there until my daughter and son in law can come and get us going again. We will be ok. This is adventure, right?

lorihadams

Always doing laundry
Reaction score
Oh, honey, poor Eleanor! Bless her heart, I bet she was scared. It's just a good thing that she didn't get hurt.

Glad you guys got your water back on...funny story with us and the pipes. We noticed that there was no air coming out of the vent in the living room. Chad got under the house today and the entire duct had come loose. He got back inside and said "No danger of our pipes freezing...it's like 70 degrees under the house!"

We were boring tonight with dinner...hot dogs, peas, and mac and cheese. Really kid friendly!

You should seriously consider doing a cookbook...we did one at our church for a fund raiser where everyone contributed favorite recipes and it has a lot of family recipes in it. I am constantly going back to it over and over....you may want to look into that!