Kentucky

shelleyd2008

Sustainable Newbie
Reaction score
Hi all! Im new to this site, but have been prowling on BYC for almost a year. Meri and I are almost neighbors, we are both called Columbia by the post office, Meri to the south, and me to the east. Just wanted to give a shout out to the KY peeps!

KyRedneckAcres

Sustainable Newbie
Reaction score
Hi Y'all :D
I'm new to this site. But I live in Western Ky. where the Ohio River meets the Missippippi River. I live a small town (less then 500 people) in Ballard County(small too). It's west of Paducah if anyone knows where that is.
But I was born in good Ole' Alabama.

God Bless Y'all,
Kenneth @ KyRedneckAcres

dragonlaurel

Improvising a more SS life
Reaction score
KyRedneckAcres said:
I'm new to this site. But I live in Western Ky. where the Ohio River meets the Missippippi River. I live a small town (less then 500 people) in Ballard County(small too). It's west of Paducah if anyone knows where that is.

God Bless Y'all,
Kenneth @ KyRedneckAcres
I remember Paducah. I camped there years back. Beautiful area.

dacjohns

Our Frustrated Curmudgeon
Reaction score
I think I helped clean up last winter's storm mess in your neck of the woods.

dacjohns

Our Frustrated Curmudgeon
Reaction score
KyRedneckAcres said:

God Bless Y'all,
Kenneth @ KyRedneckAcres
Oops, forgot to quote. See post about ice storm clean up just above this one.

framing fowl

On a mission
Reaction score
Hey everyone! My husband and I live on a 1/4 acre in the city (Lexington). It's okay for now but we're looking forward to the day we have a little bit more privacy and a little bit more acreage. We currently have two mutt dogs, 13 mutt chickens and 10 eggs under a broody hen. We have a peach, 3 apple, a pear, a nectarine, fig, and olive tree along with 6 new grapevines. We also have a small veggie garden, herbs, strawberry patch and blueberry bushes. This winter I'm going to attempt to do lettuce and broccoli in cold frames.

framing fowl

On a mission
Reaction score
Morning Big Brown Horse! We'll see how the olive tree goes. It's supposed to do okay in a pot in this zone so it's in the house for the winter. I've got my fingers crossed!