kid watch, IT'S A BOY! pix p. 6

Quail_Antwerp

Cold is on the Right, Hot is on The Left
Reaction score
Free, Nan started talking to us the day before she kidded with Nugget. She wanted attention from us when normally she didn't give a rats hind leg about us. She talked to us alllll day. Next morning, Nugget was born and we missed it by mere minutes!

freemotion

Food Guru
Reaction score
It's a boy!!!! (Rats....was gonna keep a doeling or even two...) Good thing I caught her, a leg was back, a big boy, too. Never had my hands inside a goat before.....I'm still kinda shaky. I had the phone in one hand, trying to get the vet's answering service to call the vet NOW, not in 15 minutes as per policy (I must've misunderstood her...) and that YES, he would come out for my goat, he was my horse vet for years (and got thousands of dollars from me) and said he would work with my goats. As I was talking, Mya gave a big push, and delivered that baby, leg back and all. I did not know that was possible. I was feeling for the leg and was almost there and decided he needed to be pushed back in, and whoosh! here he was!

I think that is it, it has been over an hour and no more contractions. Waiting on placenta and nursing.

Going back out after a pee and a bite of food.....will have to contend with the school later, if I still have a job......

Quail_Antwerp

Reaction score
Congratulations on your new buckling!!!!!

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
:weee :ya :clap :ya :bun :bun :bun

Free is a grandma!!!! Hey, everyone, Free is a granny!!!!

Congratulations, free!!!!! :D

Did you happen to take any pics while you had your hand up a goat and holding the phone? Huh? :lol: Any grody pics of slime and goat's butt? Of the baby? We want pics!!!! :barnie

freemotion

Food Guru
Reaction score
:lol: You are TOO MUCH, Bee! The camera was the last thought on my mind with, at one point, both hands up poor Mya's butt! DH actually held Mya's head for me, which is ground-shaking here.

I took a bunch of pix, but tried to keep the grody slime out of the frame.....much of it was on me, anyways!!! DH took the first pictures of baby boy, with me and Mya cleaning him off.

Placenta is out. Think that is it.

Gotta go help him nurse. Hasn't done it yet. She let me draw a couple squirts without complaint, even though I've never milked. (Just read about it.....amazing what you can learn from books.....)

I think my massage experience helped me SOOO much today, since I was amazed that I could tell instantly what everything was when I was feeling around inside.....leg, shoulder, mama's pelvis, etc. It was like I could see everything. So cool.

And milking was easy and she made no objection whatsoever, even though the first squirt was a little reluctant. I will give her two weeks and then start milking her in the morning for us, as long as she continues to gain weight. With only one baby, she should be able to spare a pint or two. Goat yogurt!!!! Cheese!!!! Ice cream.....gotta go shopping for bigger jeans......

eta: pics will be posted when dh comes home tonight and gets them off the camera for me and into the computer.....who can tell me how to change the title of this post?

Quail_Antwerp

Reaction score
Go to your first post here, hit edit, it should let you change the title.

Quail_Antwerp

Reaction score
You are very welcome!!

I'm very happy for you and your new kid!!!!!!

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
Those sensitive hands! Aaaaahhhhhhhh......a massage therapists money in the bank, huh? This sounds like soooo much fun!

Milking goats are easy compared to a cow...for me, anyway. The teats are more "hand-shaped" if that makes sense and don't require the actual "milking" motion, just a grasp and squeeze/tug motion.

Can't wait for the pics! :D