Kind of obvious - Hang out your clothes

Homesteadmom

Frugal Homesteader
Reaction score
I find they are softer by drying at night when it is cooler, plus the sun does not fade my colors as much then either. All you can do is try.
Here I can hang a load up during the day & by the time I am done hanging them all up I can take down some of the first things I hung out as they are already dry. That is how hot & dry it can be here. So I hang out at night. Now if I can just get dh to build my platform so I don't have to bend all the way over to the ground to get them out of the basket.

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I know your DH through alot of your posts, he will definitely do it for you when he has the time! You know he takes good care of you..LOL

that platform will be yours!!

thanks for the info. good to know. I remember putting out some undies on the porch and by the time I draped the last one over the porch railings, the first were dry....yup, we get that intense heat also. But I know AZ is worse than me here cause we are cooling down cause of the storms. I think our intense heat is gone now.....fall coming slowly here.

Pumpkins are on my mind..HA HA

Homesteadmom

Frugal Homesteader
Reaction score
I've been asking for my platform for about 2 yrs now. He keeps forgetting about it he says.
We have been able to open our windows at night this last week as it is getting down into the low 70's. But by 10am the ac is running again! But low 100's high 90's is better than 110+ everyday.

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
yea that is alot cooler in the evening for you....whew...you must melt gal! HA HA

we are cooler at night also. I haven't opened windows yet, just left the AC on 77 and turned on fans. It pops on occasionally but if Tony wasn't such a hottie..HA HA...he just swears he melts, he is so delicate..HA HA HA

2 years...yikes, ok, tie a string around his finger (or something else) as a reminder....HA HA HA HA

Homesteadmom

Frugal Homesteader
Reaction score
Maybe time to start claiming about back aches from bending over too much with laundry. LOL Maybe that would get him in gear. I set the a/c at 80 at night as we have ceiling fans above all the beds. But with the windows open it gets down to 76 in here at night now. The cooler it is the better I sleep.

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
oh you are a cool sleeper type also. Not me...LOL

I hate blankets and being under a cover. So I sleep without one mostly so I want the room warm....LOL...Tony is the type that wants the room at 32 deg. and 100 blankets on top of him...LOL....yup, we have the arguments at night..HA HA

He is forever turning down the AC colder and I follow behind and turn it back up at night--I can't win..HA HA

yup, say, OW, my back, I can't have sex anymore...HA HA HA HA HA...that would get you your platform.. ---fast..HA HA HA

Homesteadmom

Frugal Homesteader
Reaction score
I don't pile on the blankets though, maybe it is all the hot flashes I get!! In the summer we rarely use any covers either maybe a sheet & that is it. Last night I did cover up as it was a lot cooler in our house for a little while.
That might work to get my platform done. But we are moving the clothesline so that it is closer to the new house so I will need to wait until we do that no sense in him installing it twice if he doesn't have to. I know he has plenty of scrap lumber around here that he can make one big enough for my laundry basket to sit on top of.
Hey is Lin here too?

pioneergirl

Wannabe Pioneer
Reaction score
Talked to my DH the other day about making me a drying rack...I got the "oh thats easy, just get some dowel rods..." My response? "have you got it made yet?" LOLOL So I think when he is home not this time but next, he will work his magic. I told him he's got plenty of time out there on the road to think about it! :)

VT-Chicklit

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Drying racks are the best thing! My husband swears that I have a drying rack fetish! I have 4 huge ones. We even stopped at a tag sale on a trip to Maine one time because I spotted a huge, antique drying rack. Even though the car was loaded to the gunnals, I bought the rack and the hubby lashed it to the roof! I can hang 3 loads of laundry on the racks in the basement which is a good thing in the winter, when it is blizzarding and sub-zero.

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
hey HM--HomesteadMom...LOL

Lin was here and pops in now and again. She is super busy getting her yard fixed up for Moe (the horse) to come home from that nightmare barn she was boarding at....LOL...she was sick for a while also and didn't feel good so she slowed down on posting.

I email with her. She is a nice gal!

I hear ya on the hot flashes. LOL...mine have not been as bad, but I am waiting for them to rear the ugly heads again..LOL

All the projects around the house just stack up so much don't they. Just the maintenance of living is annoying..HA HA...between clothes lines, landscape things (like me taking down tons of trees right now) to just vacuuming.L...it never gets any slower or easier..HA HA---conclusion, we have too much stuff to maintain..HA HA