Knifty knitters

sufficientforme

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
:thumbsup sooooo cute Wifezilla. You are so creative! I am a total newbie, not even close to that level of stuff LOL.

MorelCabin

Quilting Extraordinaire
Reaction score
I knit and crochet, but I have never heard of a nifty knitter. I'll have to see those next time I am in at walmart...my daughter might enjoy that, I have tried teaching her, but she hasn't gotten any further than a scarf:>)

Wifezilla

Low-Carb Queen - RIP: 1963-2021
Reaction score
sufficientforme, it's not as hard as it looks. All the weird things I create are just basically tubes and balls sewn together. It's like the old art class exercise where you start by drawing things as either cubes, cylinders, globes, pyramids, etc...
http://drawsketch.about.com/od/drawanimalsstepbystep/ss/drawbunnyrabbit_2.htm

I also have about a dozen looms all in different sizes. I keep finding them cheap at garage sales :D

pdsavage

Power Conserver
Reaction score
I just learned yesterday,watched a few videos on youtube after getting a whole box of yarn for like 6 bucks.
Its pretty easy to do nd now i have something todo with my hands while watching tv besides eat.....
Ill post a pic of my first try later today after we go get our 2 new puppys...

TanksHill

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
puppies, ahhhh I want one. Post some pics of them as well. I think I need to go buy knifty knitter today. :D

pdsavage

Power Conserver
Reaction score
here they are our 2 new puppies,they are Great pyrenees Anatolian mix.
puppeehz003.jpg

They will be 2 months this sunday they are huge.....

Wildsky

Femivore
Reaction score
big brown horse said:
Just started on my nifty kniter hat. Gotta keep those loops loose, eh?

ETA: any other tips for a newbie?
:thumbsup I could never get my knitting on the loom to be nice and thick, I end up with long strings between the stitches :th I pretty much gave up and use needles instead. Perhaps the pegs are too far apart on the knifty knitter for me.
:idunno

big brown horse

Hoof In Mouth
Reaction score
It just keeps getting tighter and tighter! I'm going to break my hook at this rate. I started over twice. I have a nice little pile of "Raggedy Ann" hair sitting here on my desk. :/