tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
Here's my progress pic.

20211006_182845.jpg

Alaskan

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I had forgotten this thread! Here's my makes for this year - a hat and headband.

I started these about a decade ago! I spent waaay too much money on hand-dyed 100% superfine merino sock weight yarn. 5 skeins, about $130 all together. :hide I planned to make a scarf.

When I started knitting, the colors got murky and weird. So I knitted the sock yarn into a chunky yarn. Since it was hand-dyed, this meant knitting lengths from each skeins, mixing them up and splicing it all together. And then I didn't have enough for a scarf.

View attachment 25273

I decided to use the yarn up this year. I had enough for a hat and a headband. I used a bubble stitch on the hat forcwarmth, and a 1x1 rib on the headband so its twice as thick. They are heavy and very warm. 😍View attachment 25272
So you made an i-cord with the sock yarn? Then knit with the icord?

Very creative! Good results too! :clap

FarmerJamie

Mr. Sensitive
Reaction score
My eldest is the knitter. A few years ago she made me a scarf based on the scarf used by Tom Baker (the fourth Doctor Who Doctor). It's like 10 feet long.

Her current project is a daily temperature afghan. A different color for specific Temps. Very cool

Last edited:

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Wow! I am impressed! You have made beautiful yarn! Are you obsessed enough with spinning that you have extra yarn to sell?
Not yet, but maybe eventually! I can only spin after the littles are in bed. DS (who’s 2 now!) is a wild child🤣 and thank you, it took me a bit to get it down but I’m loving it now!