Layoff Still On--Ugh

2dream

Flibbertigibbet
Reaction score
FC - I know the uncertainty is awful. But you have the best attitude of anyone I know. You are right. You will be ok.

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
thanks 2dream

Yea I will be fine. Of course, especially SINCE nothing happened yet..HA HA HA.

time for me to think other things....like living life and stop fretting! Heck I already feel better cause I know if I just go with the flow all will be fine. Don't fight it right? Just worry about it if it happens!!!!

DrakeMaiden

Sourdough Slave
Reaction score
Well, like any uncertainty in life, all you can do is prepare for the worst and hope for the best. Like others have said, if you are serious about being ss (which it seems to me you are) you will probably make it through just fine!

I think a lot of people have been living in denial and that is the worst possible mental standpoint. Not only do they have to wake up to face it now, but they will also find they will have to learn new ways of coping. I bet a lot of recently unemployed have not changed their lifestyle yet. It scares me to think about it.

Yes, FarmerChick, you will be fine. You have an operational farm! If you ever need a farm hand . . . . ;)

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I can always use a farmhand.
3 squares and a hay bed in the barn....sound OK---HA HA HA

yes I am thinking about the 178 families that just found out they are unemployed! UGH----see Commscope pays very well for this area. They have outstanding benes. There just isn't any companies around that pay what they do.

Tony was so lucky to get in there so close to home.

You are so right!!!! At least I am realistic and preparing. Honestly if your head was up your butt and not truly accepting the hard times coming, and this hit, and you are financially nailed, then the shock would be so hard I am sure!!!

It won't be a shock for me truly if anything happens. I am ready! :)

DrakeMaiden

Sourdough Slave
Reaction score
FarmerChick said:
I can always use a farmhand.
3 squares and a hay bed in the barn....sound OK---HA HA HA
Can I bring my ducks with me? ;)

I'll still keep my fingers crossed for you guys, even knowing you'll be just fine. :)

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
:pop

thanks!
just wait and see now!

Ducks allowed...LOL

enjoy the ride

Sufficient Life
Reaction score
I think worring about something out of your control is so difficult. Everything is on hold. Hard to make plans. Hard to know what is best. I wish I could just pass out giant stress relief pills to all in this situation.
This is getting threadbare for me to say but the news keeps saying that this is the worse it's been in the last 25 years. Still within my experience- I have seen bad things happen but for our lucky county, never beyond people's ability to cope.
So I do remain optimistic that we all will get through whatever comes. Now if they go 50 years back, I'm in trouble.

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
yes ETR you are right.
times are going to get worse, very worse, before better.
BUT YES we can cope. This will not stop us...it can't.

I will take that stress relief pill please!!!!

just the uncertainty of no job...and a good job for him at that knowing I can't replace that money around my area easily. Not only is no companies paying near what he gets, there isn't anyone hiring anyway...LOL...double whammy.

But I saw hard times coming and have been preparing. I know I will get by and it hasn't happened yet!!!!! I told Tony this rotational lay off is still a good thing. As long as you work and have benes life is good!!!! Thanks ETR!!!!!

On Our own

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Looking for the upside (ya gotta look reeeaaal hard ;) )

DDs school had a Dad and Donuts day inviting the Dads to come to the school. Last year DH could not go, there was attendance, but it was about 25 men.

150 Dads showed up! The school was thrilled. BUt, I had to wonder if it was because they could.....

Also, Dh walked DD 1 & 2 to the bus, it was very cold but too icy to drive on our driveway. The little one was really cold so Dh tucked her into his jacket.

She was standing in front of him little face peeking out between buttons. When she looked up at him........ I saw the world in her eyes. I feel sorry for the man sometime in the future who is supposed to live up to that!