Layoff Still On--Ugh

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
great story On Our Own
you are right....Tony is taking Nicole to the barn to gather eggs, help with the hogs, etc. etc. He bought her a small blue shovel for hog poop...HA HA---she loves it!

I have to say 2 parents around is easier than 1---I do like that about him being home.

150 dads this time? wow, it does make one wonder if it is a job situation for everyone....whew!!!!

find the best of the situation.....like him being with Nicole.....you are soooo right!!!!! thank you for making me remember that! :)

Dace

Revolution in Progress
Reaction score
Hey Karen...I know you are keeping your chin up, but I hope you are keeping those worry thoughts at bay.

Keep us posted, I hope there are no more permanent layoffs!

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
thanks dace
I hope so too. so many have lost jobs now. any more would be horrible at this point.

but yes, chin up high in the sky...LOL

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Tony's company hit the paper.

Official is 210 laid off from Catawba plant permanent.

30 laid off from Statesville plant permanent.

So the number is higher than he heard. Ttotal is 240 by April. Most are gone already....a few are given a deadline.

I feel for those people truly. These times and layoff hits and it is permanent. Good thing with Tony's clock number for seniority his worst case should be back to night shift. Ugh, that would kill him but he would still have a job hopefully.

So doing well...but that article in the paper said Commscope is fighting bad for orders and hurting cause cable internet etc. is being effected and cable orders are down. Sure, makes sense like everything. I hope Commscope stays strong!!!!

best of luck to everyone out there!!!!!!

PamsPride

Should be Sewing
Reaction score
Glad to hear Tony was not in the lay off group! DH just heard today that they are laying off 30 people from his company...10 from each of three plants. He does not know if he will be effected or not because he was just hired in August.

opiemaster

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Well, I hato to say it but its gonna get worse. My unemployment runs out this week. Just heard on the news Missouri unemplyment is broke,looking for federal money to back it up. I haveseveral apps out, no one hiring. Take what you v=can when you can, it may be the deciding factor. Good luck to all.

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
oh pam I got my fingers crossed he is not in the group of lay offs coming to his company!

UGH---that will be 30 more people out of work. terrible!!!!!

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
WOW Opie
that is scary hearing your state is broke....yikes
and your coverage runs out....UGH
hang in there!!!!

and you are right, worse is yet to come big time!!!!!!

everyone hold onto their seats, it will be a bumpy ride literally!!

PamsPride

Should be Sewing
Reaction score
The meeting on Friday (that my DH missed because he was home with me and the baby) that said they were laying off 30 people also said that everyone HAD to take three days of vacation in the month of Feb. If they did not have vacation time left then they had to take three days off with no pay. If that worked out they were going to do it again next month.
DH's boss told him he did not have to take 3 days this month because he just took 5 off. DH only has 4 vacation days left. So, if they make him take 3 days in March...and then again in April he will be taking days off with no pay in April! :( He already took a $800 a month pay cut when he took this job so 2 or three days off without pay a month is really going to hurt!
The company rational behind making them take days off is if they have everyone take days off then the work will last longer and they will not have to lay off as many people. They have already put a pay freeze in place and no one got a raise at all this year.