Lazy Gardener's Little Town Farm

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Ah I wish I could get it to play. I am taking a break from Facebook because some people I thought I knew well have said some horrifying things regarding this bill and I just can't rationally respond to them .So sad.

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Ah you have Dominiques? We love our Dominiques. They do so well in our winters!

sumi

Rest in Peace 1980-2020
Reaction score
I watched the video and heard about the bill, there was some things about it posted to FB. I honestly have no words...

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
The article I just read said there were more abortions than live births in New York between 2012 and 2014. That's shockingly horrific.

sumi

Rest in Peace 1980-2020
Reaction score
Considering how readily available and effective contraceptives are nowadays, I find it ridiculous that abortions are available as form of birth control. In certain circumstances I can understand the mother's decision, for example rape victims, ill health (mother or baby), but to get rid of a baby because it's inconvenient? That makes me so sad and angry! There are many, many couples who cannot have a baby naturally who would love to be able to adopt, or even foster a child.

I know this is a VERY grey area with lots of different viewpoints, but I personally know a girl who went and had an abortion simply because she didn't want the baby. That's not o.k. in my book. I got pregnant with my son unexpectedly, despite using contraceptives and circumstances were FAR from ideal. I had him anyway, I am raising him and if I get to go back 13 years I won't change anything. He was so worth it!

Lazy Gardener

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
IMO, there is no justifiable reason for killing a baby in the womb. Even in circumstances of rape, the baby does not deserve a death sentence. I work with a woman who has a child conceived from rape. He is still her child, and she loves him with a mother's heart.

Lazy Gardener

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Ah you have Dominiques? We love our Dominiques. They do so well in our winters!

Yes, I love Doms. Wonderful, mild personality. My first broody (not counting my child hood flock) was a Dom. They produce delightful sex linked chicks with sweet walnut combs when paired with a pea combed roo. The only negative trait: their eggs are not as big as those of a PBR.

Britesea

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I don't believe I have the right to say whether another woman should or should not have an abortion. However, I don't believe that my tax dollars should go to pay for her abortion.

Latest posts