Lazy Gardener's Little Town Farm

Lazy Gardener

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Update 4/1/2020: Cold overcast day, good day to be alive. The ground was covered with red wing black birds in song this morning. Said Maggie when she saw the birds stretched across her yard: "THIS IS THE BEST DAY EVER!!!"

Bator #2 , the one full of chicken eggs is having minor hic-cups in it's thermostat. On Day 10. Still growth, still movement, though I'm not seeing movement in all eggs. Duck eggs in Bator #1 are doing great. I think I'll load both bators up again when these hatches are completed. I'm assuming there will be a good market for chicks and ducklings.

I'm expecting a pallet buster to show up here next week. That little tool will come in handy for breaking down old pallets for firewood, and will also be helpful for little building projects here and there.

Canning lids on order. All of you home canners... you'd better be planning ahead to get your canning supplies before the "rush is on".

3 flats of seedlings planted, and 2 are on top of heating pads.

Lazy Gardener

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Good morning world. Heavy frost here last night, and I believe we are scheduled for another snow storm... ? this weekend. It is a glorious God given morning, a great day to be alive.

Seedlings are growing fine under a rubbermaid tote. No, I don't plant by moon cycles. I consider that to be mysticism. However, for those who believe such things, enjoy. I'll move on and not be offended by such talk.

Nor, will I be offended by the mention of horoscopes. Yep... plenty of mention of that on SS, though not recently. I'll move on, and choose not to participate in those conversations.

However, I can tell you here and now, on MY personal journal thread that I am deeply offended by the celebration of halloween. Again, while this pagan holiday is a great offense to me, I have always chosen to simply scroll on by the many mentions of halloween celebration made every year since I've joined SS.

So, you all have a great day, and I will spend this day, as I do every day, praising my Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.

Last edited:

Lazy Gardener

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
We just got our power back about an hour ago, after being without for a day and a half. Wild wind storm with more than a foot of super wet snow. Power lines down all over the place, many people may not get power back for an other day or more. A huge maple tree came down across one corner of the run, barely missing the green house. Broke 2 top rails (E and N side). So, I'll not be using the run until the damage is cobbled together enough to keep hawks out of the run.

I am so very thankful for a generator. Ducklings started pipping yesterday morning. 2 hatched last night. And we were able to keep bator temp stable through out!

Dtr lost power, so... she, and 2 grand kids came over to camp out here. She brought her (super shy) cat, Eva. Eva has been hiding out in a back bedroom, but she did come out into the rest of the house for a bit of a walk-a-bout last night. Maggie dearly wants to play with Eva. Eva... not so much!

Britesea

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Glad you came out of that relatively unscathed, and that you have room for your daughter's family!

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
We just got our power back about an hour ago, after being without for a day and a half. Wild wind storm with more than a foot of super wet snow. Power lines down all over the place, many people may not get power back for an other day or more. A huge maple tree came down across one corner of the run, barely missing the green house. Broke 2 top rails (E and N side). So, I'll not be using the run until the damage is cobbled together enough to keep hawks out of the run.

I am so very thankful for a generator. Ducklings started pipping yesterday morning. 2 hatched last night. And we were able to keep bator temp stable through out!

Dtr lost power, so... she, and 2 grand kids came over to camp out here. She brought her (super shy) cat, Eva. Eva has been hiding out in a back bedroom, but she did come out into the rest of the house for a bit of a walk-a-bout last night. Maggie dearly wants to play with Eva. Eva... not so much!

Glad you all are safe and sound.

Lazy Gardener

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
We went out to pick up pizza tonight. Power lines laying on ground here and there, one at the end of our road, and trees down across the lines in multiple places.

Latest posts