Lazy Gardener's Little Town Farm

Lazy Gardener

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Today, Hubby helped me bump out the front of the garden by 8'. We got the 2 front corners set. And moved a 16' panel down to the new SE corner. I'm going to re-do the E side to match the gate up with the 4' W center path. I think I can manage it without having to cut any panels. Plan is to plant potatoes in the new front section. I'll use cardboard and feed bags, lots of hay to kill the sod there. Then, by the end of the growing season, the soil should be well prepped to turn into raised beds.

Lazy Gardener

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Bay, I'm not so good at pics! My garden is cattle panels with deer netting clipped to the outside, 48' on S and N side, and will now be 40' on E and W sides. I use an old swing set to trellis the pole beans. An other old lawn swing frame to trellis cukes. I let other vine crops grow up the CP here and there. Raspberries, strawberries, rhubarb, and asparagus planted in the beds on W side. One of these days... maybe... I'll get the pic thing figured out.

Lazy Gardener

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Yesterday, son and family came to get some eggs. They had taken a day trip to Deer Isle area. Said there were a lot of people enjoying the sunshine and beauty of the area, but not crowded enough that social distancing was an issue at all. Of course, KJ had to visit the ducks and chicks. I brought one of each out (one at a time) to visit with her, and she was delighted with them. Amazing how calm each of those birds was, being on the grass, circled by her legs. I can't wait to get an outdoor enclosure set up for them.

Latest posts