Lazy Gardener's Little Town Farm

Lazy Gardener

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I note folks faces when we are out in public. Whether it be shopping, walking on the sidewalk, or driving... most people have a sour, sad, or totally blank face. I noted that YEARS ago, and made it my life goal to practice SMILING. It takes very little effort to turn the corners of the mouth up. And, it takes very little effort to find things to SMILE about! Smiling does all sorts of positive things to the brain chemistry. And, I'm convinced that smiling builds strong neural pathways to lead to MORE smiling... Just as pain, not controlled, builds strong neural pathways for a positive feed back loop to cause MORE pain.

FYI, and I find it amusing in a sad sort of way: DH and I were talking yesterday. He read an article that stated that 90% of the people who are receiving psychiatric counseling are liberals!!! Golly, gee, wonders the queen of sarcasm: I wonder why that is!!!

Lazy Gardener

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I am thankful tonight: Thankful that MY GOD is in control, while this world seems to be spinning out of control. I am thankful that HE has placed me here, in this place, at this point in time. I am thankful that HE has given me eyes to see, and ears to hear what is going on around me. I am thankful that HE has given me discernment. I am thankful for HIS leading. And, I am thankful that I can see the unfolding prophecy. It was written thousands of years ago, and HE never makes mistakes. This is the most exciting time in world history since the resurrection of Jesus Christ. While our words can be censored, our thoughts and communion with God can never be shut down. PRAISE GOD!!!

I am also thankful for my little piece of property. Thankful for my productive garden, and my productive chicken flock. I am thankful for my ducks. They bring so much pleasure as I watch them scour the yard for insects and slugs.

The garden is producing well. I'm picking sugar snaps, carrots, summer squash (4 varieties planted), beans are just now blooming. Peppers and tomatoes are setting fruit. I've completed 1 harvest of greens, have 2 succession crops planted, and will be planting an other whole bed of crops as soon as garlic is harvested.

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Personal Proclamation - From this day forward, until death overcomes me. The first day of July, for each proceeding year. Shall be designated, a day of celebration of Freedom the Good Lord has bestowed upon me.

View attachment 16291

FREEDOM - I LOVE FREEDOM.

Jesus is Lord and Christ 🙏❤️🇺🇸
My wife is on-board and painted her big toe toenails, Red, White and Blue 😂 Love it!
IMG_20210701_125722993~2.jpg

Jesus is Lord and Christ 🙏❤️🇺🇸

Last edited:

Lazy Gardener

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
We came back from a trip to town. (had a great visit with Dad) As usual, I went looking for the ducks to see if trouble had found them. They were lounging on top of a blue tarp. Apparently, they were "pretending" they were floating on a nice blue lake! They've gorged on bugs so much that they've hardly touched their pellets.

Lazy Gardener

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I have no choice. Strangers are about all that ring the door bell. They usually leave money in my pocket and take poultry with them.
I have the same issue. Strangers coming to my door for eggs. And, I'll not have the discussion with them about what to do if a No trespass sign shows up in my yard, b/c I don't want to even discuss my standing re: that stupid stuff. So, hubby and I have decided that we will not post, but will simply smile, say good by, and shut the door.

BTW, @R2elk : I had some suspicious seedlings sprout a couple weeks ago. One in a "winter seeding" milk jug that I planted your cherry seeds in April, and a couple of "same type of plant" seedlings in a couple cups. Of course, I didn't label the cups, so I don't know if I may have stuck some of your cherry seeds in those cups. They are definitely of a "tree species, new leaves are redish, and all leaves are long and very pointed. What was the variety again? I'll try to get a pic up for you, or if you have a pic of new leaves, would you mind posting? I'm super excited to think that I may have some cherry plants that will grow here, even if they are not the best eating.

So, last night's mouse count: 4! 2 in the Rinne FlipN'Slide mouse trap. I'm super impressed with that. One in a standard snap trap, and one in a plastic "no touch" Victor Power-Kill rat trap. I'm also super impressed with that. Seein' as how it was sensitive enough to snap on a mouse! I also had one more mouse in the snap trap before supper last night. So... it's "game on"!!!! Hoping I can get hubby to rise to the challenge of making a couple of bucket trap lids for me later this week.

Last edited:

Lazy Gardener

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Hubby and I picked 2 qt. raspberries this evening. While picking, I didn't think much about the fact that a little bird was flitting around, and "chitting" at us. I'm thankful that I was cautious while picking. I found her nest. Tiny little nest, with the tiniest little blue eggs. Hopefully, I'll be able to get some pics tomorrow, and we can continue to harvest the berries w/o disturbing her efforts too much. Robin under the deck is coming and going, with huge gobs of worms in her mouth.

Latest posts