Lazy Gardener's Little Town Farm

Lazy Gardener

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I feel for ya sister, I am so wiped out from it,
The dogs have been sleeping all day
The chickens have been very quite and recovering from our 4 days of 100
We went out to my Dad's camp today. Hubby did some needed repairs. You'd think I'd have gone swimming... but... i was too wiped out to even do that! Supposed to cool down this weekend, and we're going sailing with friends tomorrow. Should be cooler on the ocean. It's been too hot to keep the ducks penned up. So... they've been out every day, even when we're not home. I figure I'd rather have them eaten by a fox than be slow baked in their garden moat yard.

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
My wife came running in to my office saying a snake in the back yard was chasing her 🤪. So I went out and oh Lord, it's a young agressive cotton mouth that tried to turn on me:ep. I grabbed the snow shovel that I keep by the backdoor for just such an occasion. My son was teasing me just last week about having a snow shovel by the back door "Because it might just snow in June" and my wife joined in with him "or snow in July or August too lol" I didn't say a word in response :)

Well as you can see snow shovel works pretty well. After I stopped it with snow shovel, I had my wife grab another shovel out of the barn and I pinned it's head with the other shovel. I then took my pocket knife out of my pocket and cut it's head off and threw it's body and head into the woods.

My wife took this picture and said that thing was chasing me down. I said ah... Just getting your heart pumping is all. She said well it might have given me a heart attack. I generally leave snakes alone unless they have a triangle head. Triangle head = dead, if I have my way.

This is a young eastern cotton mouth, it hasn't got block patches on its body yet. It was a fiesty one also. I doubt my wife will poke fun at me for keeping a snow shovel by the back door anymore 😂
Screenshot_20210630-103113~2.png

Jesus is Lord and Christ 🙏❤️🇺🇸

Lazy Gardener

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
We went sailing with friends today. I hope to have some photos to share, later! Oh what a glorious day. Good fellowship, and an absolutely perfect day for sailing. We saw 4 seals, lots of fish jumping out of the water. At one time, I saw what I think was a whale in the distance. When we were a couple hours away from our mooring, thunder storm warnings were posted. We headed back, dropped sail as we approached the storm, and motored the rest of the way. What a glorious display of God's might! I love a good thunder storm. But, to see it on the water, with a front row theater seat... WOW!!! When we got to the mooring, we took shelter below deck while the storm passed over. A bit of a break between squalls allowed us to get back to the dock. No worse for the wear, aside from being showered, and clothes laundered 'a-la-nature'.

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
We went sailing with friends today. I hope to have some photos to share, later! Oh what a glorious day. Good fellowship, and an absolutely perfect day for sailing. We saw 4 seals, lots of fish jumping out of the water. At one time, I saw what I think was a whale in the distance. When we were a couple hours away from our mooring, thunder storm warnings were posted. We headed back, dropped sail as we approached the storm, and motored the rest of the way. What a glorious display of God's might! I love a good thunder storm. But, to see it on the water, with a front row theater seat... WOW!!! When we got to the mooring, we took shelter below deck while the storm passed over. A bit of a break between squalls allowed us to get back to the dock. No worse for the wear, aside from being showered, and clothes laundered 'a-la-nature'.
That all sounds wonderful!!!! I love days like that and I wish I could see the ocean once again, especially if I were to get to see so many sea going creatures.