Leg cramp/pain! Leg is 75% better.

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
:lol:

I deserve everything I get also...but it is only the good stuff, bad ain't allowed! :lol:
I accept good now, screw the rest :ya

lorieMN

Power Conserver
Reaction score
sunsaver said:
I've been massaging it for three days. So what do they do for a clot? Surgery? It was much better yesterday, but started hurting again today while i was doing some work for a nieghbor. I'm well hydrated now, and as long as my leg is elevated it doesn't hurt so much. It feels like a muscle injury. When the sharp pain comes on, it feels just like a cramp or muscle spasm.
I have no insurance, no money, and the truck is broke down right now, so i can't go to the emergency room. I'll live or i'll die, but the hospital is not an option.
I dont know about where you are at,,but here you dont NEED insurance,,they will take you without any and as long as you give them $50 or so a month they leave you alone..I know,just went through it with a knee injury a few months ago,no insurance,no questions,no refusal to treat me,just making payments.

S

sunsaver

FarmerChick said:
:lol:

I deserve everything I get also...but it is only the good stuff, bad ain't allowed! :lol:
I accept good now, screw the rest :ya
I like your attitude! :clap

Marianne

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Should we get the gun and just shoot him? :D

I"m a stick it out person, too. I always wait to see if it goes away as I believe that a lot of the time, the body will heal itself. But there's been more than once that I needed an actual doc and some drugs, too. Some things you don't want to mess with, huh.

Anyway, I hope it's getting better now. I know you want to work and help out when you can, but maybe you need to take some more time to elevate. Got any anti-inflamatory stuff, like aspirin, ibuprofen, naproxen? I know there are some on here that will scream 'EVIL', but you might need it.

raro

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
My sister has gone to the hospital numerous times for life-threatening things. She has no insurance, and they have to treat her anyway. She tells them she will send them five dollars a month. Usually, the hospital has a "charity fund" that you can apply for and the care is free. The doctors, however, are another story. They charge separately. Some of them, when they find out you're on the hospital charity fund, will forgive the debt. Others will send bills and call a lot. But as we say, you can't get blood from a stone. My sister has no money to give them.

I went through the same thing a few years ago. My one year without insurance was when I was diagnosed with breast cancer. Dealing with bills can be a pain, but it's not like it's a new concept to them. You tell them you are doing the best you can and they will often leave you alone.

snapshot

Farmwife
Reaction score
I had a 3 hour ER room incident--re kidney stones--in 05. $7000 because I had no ins. Paid all off at $25 a month--still paying for hosp. portion. I am glad that is all I could pay as I have worked seasonally and had no extra in the summers to pay more. No one has given me any problem at all!

Marianne

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I'm going to have to move to another state. Around here it's different. :( Although NOW they don't treat you like crap if you don't have insurance, they set you up with a bank loan to cover the hospital balance. That way they get their money up front, you get to pay it off like a car payment with interest.

The radiologists will send you the bill every single week with a note that says 'pay in full now'. I could go on and on, but you get the drift. They want their money before you are discharged. I think they got screwed too many times on bad debts (I worked a brief, 3 month stint in the office of the local hospital years ago and they don't mess around anymore).

Marianne

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Hey SS, get back on here and give us an update!

My DH just said that he was going to mix up a batch of homemade Gatorade :)sick and :ep - this is a first). He said that a lot of sites say you should always mix in some lemon or orange juice as that's where you get some electrolytes. Made me think that maybe you're low on that end of the ruler?

S

sunsaver

I rested in the A/C of a relative, took potassium and gatoraid, and the leg felt about 50% better yesterday. So i went to work, and made some money yesterday, about $120. Not bad for 7 hours of hard labor. It was the first time i had any money at all in about 2 weeks. I love the smell of money, sort of a cross between leather and vinyl, hotel rooms and cocaine. So i got home about 5:30 yesterday and opened my netbook computer, only to find the keyboard and moniter covered in water. It's dead. My brand new netbook is destroyed and my warranty doesn't cover water damage. But how did it get water in it? The only thing i can think of it that my customer had his water sprinkler on. The windows were down on my truck and the netbook was on the seat. He says the sprinkler was too far away. So why would someone come in my van and pour water on my computer. Wouldn't they steal it instead? The whole thing is just bizarre. For some reason, God just doesn't want me to have internet. All these strange and unexplainable problems that i keep having that prevent me being or going online are just too much. If God is so determined to keep kicking me offline, then i guess i'll just have to give up on the dream of owning a computer. I have no idea when i'll be able to buy another one, and at this point the idea of buying a new computer every month just doesn't sound very attractive. So God wins, i loose. Goodbye internet friends. I'll come to the library when i can just to say hi. But i can't fight the higher power than keeps destroying my computers.