List of Price Increases

hqueen13

<Insert Snazzy Title Here
Reaction score
Ha, the thing that gets me is the movie tickets at the bottom of the list... Really? Somewhere is selling movie tickets for ONLY $8.20???? Here you can't touch a movie ticket for less than $10.00. And forget it if they throw in the 3-D experience.... :rolleyes:
Good thing I don't really enjoy going to the movies...

Lesa

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
That is very puzzling about the thin shelled eggs. I would really consider changing layer feed brands. That just seems awfully strange.

terri9630

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Gypsi said:
terri9630 said:
Do they have light? When the days start getting shorter my girls slow waaaay down. 17 hens and I got 3 eggs today. Last year I had a light out there and the hens layed well all winter. We have an electrical short in the barn right now so no light until I can get the electrician out.
They laid all last winter, our days aren't that short, but my 4 production reds (and my barred rock) are nearing 2 years old. They still lay, but with all of the oyster shell calcium in the dish, layer feed, cutting out treats, the only way to get HARD eggs seems to be feeding them yogurt or cheese, and I just can't afford it. They don't lay an egg a day like they used to, neither does the BR, but at least hers and one of the Red's are hard enough to not break in the nest or in my hand when I am washing them. The only question is which Red is worth keeping? And the answer to that may be hard to come by. I penned up the one with worst molt last night, and this morning, the first egg laid, before I turned her loose, had a super thin shell and had broken in the nest. And yes, I'm using ACV in their water to help them metabolize the calcium.
The high heat will affect them ANF moulting can have a big impact on egg production too.

the funny farm6

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
To go to the movies here it is $6.00 and you get a free med soda and med popcorn with that, and 1 refill on each! Kids in school are $4.00

terri9630

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
the funny farm6 said:
To go to the movies here it is $6.00 and you get a free med soda and med popcorn with that, and 1 refill on each! Kids in school are $4.00
Wow. Our movie tickets just went up 2$.

the funny farm6

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
A new company just took it over 3 mos ago. They said they are not there to make a big profit, just afordable family entertainment. I wonder if they will raise the prices after the new wears off.

My husband and I took our daughter to see new moon part 1 and it was $18.00 for the 3 of us. ( and every preteen girl in south east iowa!!! )

Latest posts