livin' on the funny farm- SUCCESS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
Thankfully we were gifted about 40 pounds of frozen fillets this year, because we didn't catch much either. Bro M hooked us up though :D We've been eating them once a week for a few months now. I make enough hushpuppies and fries we use little at a time to make them go farther :lol: We love us some catfish!!

Wish there was a way to ship you a plate sis!! :hugs

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
the funny farm6 said:
i dont want chocolate, but i do want a big plate of catfish in the worst of ways!

it is SOOO cold here! i was just thinking (before this cold snap) that i wish i had some hatching eggs to put in. but i am glad now that i dont! a few weeks at a time is fine, but if i had to keep them in the house for 2-3 months...not good.

i have a lady dissing me on a facebook group. we talked a week or so ago (we have known each other in the bunny world for a few years) and i told her i had a pair of single maned lionheads and might be looking for 1-2 does with a double mane. and she came ungluded about how people shouldnt breed "just for pets" and everyone should buy the standard of perfection and breed for show quality with pedigrees. mine are not show quality as they are single mane, but for type they are right about there for the standard. but in this area, people just cant/wont pay $50.00 and up for a pet rabbit. when i asked people before- when i was thinking of going to all pedigreed rabbits- if they would pay more for a pedigreed show quality bunny, around 75-80% said no, they would rather pay $10.00-$15.00 for a nice pet. and the rest said it depended how much more. so i will get hold of a few others and get a couple nice double mane to mix in with mine. and i went to a show last summer- i didnt like the lionheads AT ALL!!!! they had manes so big that they looked like angoras with short hair on their back! their butts and heads were so fluffy it was crazy. once again i will do my thing- my way.
I agree w/you 100%. I wouldn't pay that kind of price for a rabbit. I have 2 pet rabbits. I forget whether I paid $2 or $3 for the pair of them. I was at a livestock auction. I hadn't planned on buying a bunny, but these were cute and no one was bidding on them, so I did.

the funny farm6

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Wannabefree said:
Thankfully we were gifted about 40 pounds of frozen fillets this year, because we didn't catch much either. Bro M hooked us up though :D We've been eating them once a week for a few months now. I make enough hushpuppies and fries we use little at a time to make them go farther :lol: We love us some catfish!!

Wish there was a way to ship you a plate sis!! :hugs
me too! all the mom and pop places that served catfish dinners on friday night have all been forced to close. :hit there was a time everyone here served catfish on friday, and fried chicken on wed. crazy how that is all a thing of the past. :/ one of my best memories with my dad was going fishing all day then going to dotties red front to eat catfish, and dad drank pabst blue ribbon. WOW.......

the funny farm6

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Denim Deb said:
the funny farm6 said:
i dont want chocolate, but i do want a big plate of catfish in the worst of ways!

it is SOOO cold here! i was just thinking (before this cold snap) that i wish i had some hatching eggs to put in. but i am glad now that i dont! a few weeks at a time is fine, but if i had to keep them in the house for 2-3 months...not good.

i have a lady dissing me on a facebook group. we talked a week or so ago (we have known each other in the bunny world for a few years) and i told her i had a pair of single maned lionheads and might be looking for 1-2 does with a double mane. and she came ungluded about how people shouldnt breed "just for pets" and everyone should buy the standard of perfection and breed for show quality with pedigrees. mine are not show quality as they are single mane, but for type they are right about there for the standard. but in this area, people just cant/wont pay $50.00 and up for a pet rabbit. when i asked people before- when i was thinking of going to all pedigreed rabbits- if they would pay more for a pedigreed show quality bunny, around 75-80% said no, they would rather pay $10.00-$15.00 for a nice pet. and the rest said it depended how much more. so i will get hold of a few others and get a couple nice double mane to mix in with mine. and i went to a show last summer- i didnt like the lionheads AT ALL!!!! they had manes so big that they looked like angoras with short hair on their back! their butts and heads were so fluffy it was crazy. once again i will do my thing- my way.
I agree w/you 100%. I wouldn't pay that kind of price for a rabbit. I have 2 pet rabbits. I forget whether I paid $2 or $3 for the pair of them. I was at a livestock auction. I hadn't planned on buying a bunny, but these were cute and no one was bidding on them, so I did.
and the funny thing is that we met when i had better stock than her and i sold her some bunnies. but she went to the pedigreed show rabbits and got upitty. there are no shows near me (or her) the nearest one is a 3 hr drive each way. and if i am going to breed for show quality i would think you are going to have to show. and she has said she isnt going to show. so how do you know they are show qualty? i will stick with my rabbits. if i have pedigreed rabbits i may ask a little more for them. both of the lionheads i have are spotted and i already had people say they want one when old enough to breed and have babies. and 2 of the pet stores are interested in the babies. so there. i buy rabbits during the summer all the time for $1.00-5.00 i REALY need some more standard rex- they are my favorite.

the funny farm6

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Denim Deb said:
the funny farm6 said:

and the funny thing is that we met when i had better stock than her and i sold her some bunnies. but she went to the pedigreed show rabbits and got upitty. there are no shows near me (or her) the nearest one is a 3 hr drive each way. and if i am going to breed for show quality i would think you are going to have to show. and she has said she isnt going to show. so how do you know they are show qualty? i will stick with my rabbits. if i have pedigreed rabbits i may ask a little more for them. both of the lionheads i have are spotted and i already had people say they want one when old enough to breed and have babies. and 2 of the pet stores are interested in the babies. so there. i buy rabbits during the summer all the time for $1.00-5.00 i REALY need some more standard rex- they are my favorite.

the funny farm6

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
it was soo cold here last night- i had to turn up my blanket. when we went to bed i stuck my cold feet on dh, and he said he was going to sleep without the covers-it would be warmer! :idunno and an hour later he was suprised that they wernt warm yet. now he belives me that it takes FOREVER for my feet to warm after they get cold! my bedroom is on the north side of the house and the heat doesnt get back there to well. at 3 am my temp gauge told me my bedroom was 59. plus we have no insulation in this house.

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
Our bedroom stays cold too and I don't like it!! We do have insulation, but North side of the house, and gap between the foundation and sill that I have to get fixed draws cold air around that corner of the house. We stay about 10 degrees cooler than the rest of the house.

the funny farm6

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
:barnie i just love the electric company...NOT!!!!! i finaly convensed hubby a week ago that we haddnt gotten an electric bill for a few months. so he called and told them we haddnt gotten a bill. (dont know why he didnt ask our bill amount, but...) so today i get a bill for $729.00!! WHAT???? that is over 200.00 per month. i had gotten our bill down to about $100.00 per month. and we paid it off in october. what the heck is going on? i am about to say the heck with it and go off grid. we cant aford a bill that high. we are going to unplug the kids stuff all but the lamp and alarm clock. i try to keep stuff unpluged when not in use. i dont know what else to do. :somad i just want to scream.

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
How could they overlook sending a bill for that long?! Wow! I'd fight it.

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
Wannabefree said:
How could they overlook sending a bill for that long?! Wow! I'd fight it.
Same here.