livin' on the funny farm- SUCCESS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

the funny farm6

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
i must have "sucker" written on my forhead. got a call last night from my daughter-a friend of a friend had a pit, and they were not feeding her and kept her out on a chain without a dog house or any shelter. she convenced them to give her to us. so at 11 pm i am off to pick this dog up. she ws scared to death, you can see all her bones, and she has extreem food aggresion. *sigh* i am hoping that with a little time she will learn food will be always be avalable. she looks sorry everytime she lays in a chair or on a dog bed. she is also very head shy so she has been hit. so we start a long road. they called her queenie.

4137_002.jpg

the funny farm6

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
well this little dog has more issues than the food aggresion. she isnt mean, but kinda... odd. she jumped and attacked dozer (dh bulldog) when the girls went to put him in his kennel for the night. she has bit at me for trying to move her out of my chair-i gently touched her collar and she tried to bite me. she has grabed ninny (the goat) threw the fence, and tried to chew threw the chicken pen. *sigh* we will try to keep training her.

we finaly sold grace. a nice young man is going to train her to ride. and she has a large pasture. so we only have freckles the old blind pony, and the mini donkey.

on a good note, it was a BEAUTIFUL day. supposed to rain tomarow. and on monday the temp is supposed to drop.

the funny farm6

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
we took the little pit to a pit rescue that has a breed specific trainer, her aggresion kept escalating. and she nipped one of the girls when they didnt put her food down fast enough. so we felt if she had a chance, it wasnt going to be with us.:(

we were at walmart in the dog food isle talking to a friend about how we had to take her and how bad i felt and how i was NOT going to get another pit- my next dog was going to be a BIG dog, i was thinking great dane, mastiff, st bernard, irish wolfhound, ect. well we got done talking and were picking out some treats for dozer- toms bulldog. when a younger couple walked up and kinds sheepishly told us they had overheard our conversation and that they had a great dane that they were needing to rehome becouse her husband worked at a local factory that was shutting down. ok we will come look at him. we get there and find a skinny great dane and a ok shape st bernard.

so guess what i have???????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????:barnie

pics to come soon!!!

the funny farm6

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
yep!!! thank goodness for dishtowels. lol.

scooby is so tall we set his food and water on the coffee table.

TTs Chicks

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I'm glad you took them :) I really like big dogs

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
:lol: I KNEW there was going to be pics of both dogs!

Latest posts