Looks like the spammers have been busy!!

SKR8PN

Late For Supper
Reaction score
I just reported like 10 or 12 posts this morning. I don't need a gucci bag to work on cars! :gig

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
yea --too many
and way too many purses for sale

ohiofarmgirl

Sipping Bacon Martinis
Reaction score
whew glad i missed it!

***** oh darn... ok i see they are back

you the thing that grates on me is that they monkey up all the current conversations with the old stuff..

grrr.....

savingdogs

Queen Filksinger
Reaction score
I reported some this morning. Does anyone think people will buy something after reading that gobblygook? I couldn't make out what they were trying to say.

ksalvagno

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
They are back on BYH too. The moderators are going to be very busy again today. Hopefully it will stop.

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
You'd think that they'd learn not to repost it on a site it's already been removed from. But then again......

Shiloh Acres

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
They probably don't bother to check. My guess is that it's more about generating links on quickly indexed sites than actually selling anything. I think they are "selling" their posts in web promotion essentially. So they probably just copy and paste thousands across the Internet as quickly as they can without ever reading a thing we write or bothering to check if they get removed.

It was annoying to me when I ran a bulletin board and mine was nowhere NEAR as busy as this one.

I actually read through about a third of a looonnngg one though, because it really is hilarious the way the language is put together. My daughter and I used to get a lot of laughs by plugging things we wrote or familiar songs into a language translator, translating into Chinese (or sometimes another language but Chinese is often the most fun), and translating it back into English. We laughed for hours at the silly sentences we got back. :)

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
I tried to read thru it, but gave up.

I'm a mod on another board. And we were having a terrible time w/spammers. So in order to block it, they made it so you had to be approve by the owner in order to post. Plus you have to answer a question b4 you can post. It's only supposed to be the 1st time after you become a member, but for some reason, more often than not, I have to answer the question! Main thing I've had to do lately is lock and/or delete threads when we get someone trying to stir up trouble.

Shiloh Acres

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
That's what I did ... Require approval to join. It slowed down my membership though. But if I DIDN'T require approval, I got slammed with spam.

Spamming should be punishable by law. :tongue