Lorihadams-- hi guys...been busy!

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
When you get the hay feeder in, LMK how it works.

My hubby's working a ton of overtime right now and I'm actually glad. I get so much more done when he's not around, both here and at the farm. If I can actually get caught up, I could actually take it easy some. (And, the overtime pay doesn't hurt, either. :cool:)

lorihadams

Always doing laundry
Reaction score
Today is my DD's 4th birthday and we have been out and about all day. I took her out to lunch and she got a scooter/skateboard thing and it only cost me $17 after all the coupons I had for toys r us. She also got 2 puzzles and now she is on the phone with grandma talking her ear off. :rolleyes:

Grass seed got planted yesterday and the maple trees are in the ground as well as the 2 transplanted dogwoods. Frawg got into the baby pool with the mallards and killed one....my fault I left the dang door open.

Tried to go camping Friday night but got rained on and hubby rescued all of us at midnight...me, the kids, and both dogs were huddled inside the tent trying to keep it from blowing away.

Went to a friend's house last night for dinner and maddie walked into a door knob and has a black eye for her birthday. I'm trying to catch up and we still haven't gotten the beehives put together yet....gotta go buy nails. grrrrrrrr

Anyway, it's bedtime....time to rest.....been a loooooooong weekend! :p

BarredBuff

El Presidente de Pollo
Reaction score
Bee time is a comin! Ya better get em together! We have to order some supers for our 4 hives. Honey flow is suppose to be heavy this year. I hope! :fl

lorihadams

Always doing laundry
Reaction score
yeah, I didn't order any supers and I have a feeling I'm gonna be kicking myself for that. My neighbors just got a hive delivered two days ago and they haven't ordered bees yet :th I wanna know where they're gonna get bees this time of year....everyone I talked to said they ran out in SEPTEMBER. It's gonna be interesting.

We got a little rain last night and have chances for rain every day this week and I hope we get some....grow grass seed grow!

I'm hoping the footers get done for the garage tomorrow. My dad is chomping at the bit to get up here and lay the block for the foundation. He's a brick mason and they don't have a lot of work going on right now so he has the time to come help us. We are supposed to go to the beach this coming weekend but I don't know if it will happen, depends on what gets done with the garage.

I'm trying to figure out what to do about my homeschooling approach. I think Tyler is getting bored...we have been kind of going with the flow and I think I am going to need to be a little more structured with him. He is starting to have some anger issues and I think if I put him on a bit more of a schedule it might nip it in the bud. We'll see.

I'm ready for the warmer weather so they can go outside and play but then he comes in complaining that he is hot and doesn't want to go out. :barnie

I love him but he is testing my patience. :rant

gettinaclue

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Poor Maddie! I hope she had a happy birthday none the less.

Glad you get to play in the dirt! I'm so glad I'm done with filling those beds!!!!

Also, where did you find the all in one almond trees? I am very interested in that! May have to get me one LOL

I'm sorry to hear about the little duck. At least it's clear from early on that you have to keep him seperated from the fowl.

lorihadams

Always doing laundry
Reaction score
The all-in-one almond trees came from TyTy's nursery....I think they are in GA. If you go to the website www.tytyga.com they have a special going on now, free shipping on all phone orders. I saved enough on shipping that I was able to upgrade to the 6-7 ft trees. They should be here this week!

I heard that the shells on the Hall's hardy almond trees were so thick that they were a pain to crack and sometimes the nuts were bitter so I went with the all-in-one almond trees instead. They are self polinators too so I didn't have to get 2 different types.

lorihadams

Always doing laundry
Reaction score
Oooooo I'm gonna tell my husband you said that!!! He usually just tells everyone that I'm a PITA! :lol:

I've been online all day looking at greenhouse plans to use all the windows we have sitting in the shed.....I'm thinking about a long narrow lean to type greenhouse along the south facing wall of the garage that hasn't been constructed yet.....maybe next year huh? :lol: