Lorihadams-- hi guys...been busy!

lorihadams

Always doing laundry
Reaction score
So, my library gal read my children (story time) a book called "I need my monster" by Amanda Noll. It is about a little boy that has a monster under his bed. He loves his monster and one day he goes to bed and he isn't there. There is a note left under the bed that says "Gone Fishing...be back in 1 week". So he auditions other monsters to take his place while he is on vacation.

They loved it and wanted to check it out. So here is what I did today....my kids are rotten :p

Here's Mack....I combined the images of him from two pages
100_4733.jpg

And here's Herbert
100_4734.jpg

gettinaclue

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
My daughter used to be afraid of monsters in her closet (think Monsters INC)

My mother sent me a book and a stuffed monster to hang on the rack in the closet. He was a good monster and kept away all the bad monsters and DD could sleep peacefully.

We tried passing it on to my son who was always afraid of monsters under his bed...but he said it was a closet monster and not an under the bed monster, so it wouldn't work. :D

lorihadams

Always doing laundry
Reaction score
Thanks....the almond trees are in the ground! I'm hoping they survive the forecasted snow/rain mix this weekend...:rolleyes:

I soaked the bare roots in water all day today and we got everything in okay. Our first 18 inches of soil is beautiful and brown....the benefits of living in the middle of a 30 yr old cow pasture :p

lorihadams

Always doing laundry
Reaction score
Well, the trusses for the garage were delivered this morning.

The bad news is that the footers still haven't been dug.

I am also going to take a minute to rant. :rant

I have a ziploc bag of egg money. I had built up enough money that I could put in an order for my new indian runners at holderreads. I went in to the bag this morning to put in some spare change (if I find any money in the laundry or lying around the house I put it in the egg fund) and there was $4 in there. WTH?

My husband put his $50 bill from his birthday money, which is supposed to be in his wallet, in there but I'm still missing money. My husband cannot have cash in the house. He constantly takes money that I have in the house earmarked for other things and spends it on stupid stuff like eating out for lunch and coffee and donuts. Its one thing if he tells me he is going to do it but it is another thing when he just takes it and I go to get the money for what it was intended for and I'm short.

I had money in my jacket pocket....$120. I left it in there in case we needed to pay a babysitter or give his uncle money for gas for the tractor when we borrow it. I went to pull some money out to give to his uncle and SHOCKER....there was $2 left in my pocket after my husband "borrowing" my jacket for the week.

I have $1080 from the sale of the boat and the extra escrow money from our old house that we got refunded hidden in the house. I have moved it now because he knew where it was and I don't want any more money to disappear. I have that money earmarked for new living room furniture but I have to get rid of the old stuff first and whatever I am able to make on that will also go towards the new stuff.

I'm so pissed off right now....AND I have to take the dog to the vet this morning and hubby left me car. The crate won't fit in the front seat of the car but hubby took the truck this morning anyway when he knew I needed it.

I couldn't get him to answer his phone so I have sent him 2 text messages but he won't answer those either.

:somad :somad :somad :somad :somad :somad :somad

Javamama

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Start selling his stuff :D Maybe you need a special bank account that he can't access?

lorihadams

Always doing laundry
Reaction score
The thing is that he just cannot have cash. It is almost April and I have $400 from xmas and a side job that I did with a friend that I haven't touched yet cause I wanted to use it to buy hay, straw, and feed for the goats. If it were him it would have been gone as soon as he got it.

He does this crap all the time. He has been complaining that he wants new living room furniture....our current couch is 10 yrs old and the padding is shot on the arms so if you lay down you hit bare wood. I'm all for it but we have to get rid of the old stuff first and I refuse to take it to the dump. Structurally it is is great shape but he wants leather and has for a long time now.

We sold the boat and I put that money away to go towards the furniture and then we got back an escrow overage check after we sold our house and put that money in there too but I have to count it constantly to make sure it is all there cause he will take a $20 here and a $20 there "so I didn't have to spend any money out of our account on gas" WHAAAAA?????? :th If he knows it is there he will spend it and he thinks I don't know that he is spending it on going out to lunch or coffee and donuts (I find the trash....and the receipts....he really isn't very good at this)

It is just so frustrating....he doesn't understand that when money is designated for something DON'T TOUCH IT.

I'm really peculiar about this. I like having emergency cash or NOT having to make payments on something if it can be avoided. He is content to just take out a line of credit and take 2 years to pay something off. He never sees the bills so who cares, right? :he

I just want to :smack

glenolam

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
We go through stuff like this from time to time as well. I'm better about cash than he is, so what about an allowance? Can he have $10 or $20 a week that is his and when it's gone it's gone?