Lorihadams-- hi guys...been busy!

lorihadams

Always doing laundry
Reaction score
I'm better now...I made them go outside when we got home from story time cause they wouldn't listen to me inside the library so I told them we would not go to the park after all. Now its raining but at least dinner is done...GF pizza and a big salad. They are watching PBS until bath time and then we are going to read some new books from the library and I'm gonna crash.

I got a .357 magnum....it will shoot 38s as well but he got me .357SIG bullets and they won't go in the chamber cause they are too big. I have the "you're not gonna rob me in my house" box of bullets but the bigger incorrect box was supposed to be for target practice. I walked all the way down to the back field and by the time I would have walked back up, gotten the other box, walked back and got set up again it would have been milking time and then too dark to shoot so I just chalked it up and I'll do it another day. Its raining right now or I'd be out there shooting it.

Florezian

Enjoys Recycling
Reaction score
So I saw this and was concerned about why you would want to kill chickens....

Then I saw it was children, and I thought Oh, okay I get it now. Just the kids. :lol:

lorihadams

Always doing laundry
Reaction score
:yuckyuck

Well, today we have to see if our warranty on the lawnmower will cover another broken part. Hubby got a new belt and put it on and fixed the steering thingy that came off and went down to finish our friend's yard and the mower just stopped. He got it apart and the wiring came completely out of the PTO clutch. I don't know how that happened but the mower has a 2 yr warranty on it and hopefully it will cover this. Otherwise it will be a major repair. The part alone is over $300 :barnie

Hubby took it off so I'm guessing he could get the replacement part back on but he is taking it to the repair place to be on the safe side and if it is under warranty and covered then they have to do it.

Chad took the atv out for a spin in between rain showers last night and took the governor off and said "man, that thing can fly" :lol:

Now he has someone else interested in buying his bow so we have 2 offers on it...geez. Tyler is in jeans and a sweater this morning cause "woooo, it's cold mommy!" He went out with me this morning in his pjs and said "ooooo, these deck boards are ice cold!"

They are playing go fish right now and I'm going to get their library books out and do some reading....Maddie is protesting already. She has had major attitude the past 2 days. Yesterday Tyler learned how to use the index in the encyclopedia to find what he was looking for...he was so excited.

I talked to my BF and her hubby is going to be out of work for a while. She is filling out AFLAC paperwork and today he has to get it signed by all his doctors. We are probably going to go over tomorrow and help her build the deck for the hot tub cause her hubby tried to lift a pan of spaghetti and hurt himself so he definitely doesn't need to be doing any construction...she also has to conquer her fear of the weed eater cause hubby usually does that and there is no way he can do it now. She says it looks like her driveway is being eaten by the weeds. She said she is good with using a mitre saw and nail gun but the weed eater scares her to death. :p

I really want to curl up in bed with a book right now and go back to sleep....its cold, I'm tired, the kids are being obnoxious and its Friday. Grrrrr. I may actually have to turn the heat on tonight.

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
I'm scared of chain saws :hu Won't use one. That's DH's job :lol: I prefer an ax ;)

It's cold here this morning too..BRRRRRRRR!!! I'm breaking out the sweatshirts!! I have my feet in front of the space heater right now LOL!

Quail_Antwerp

Cold is on the Right, Hot is on The Left
Reaction score
I used to be scared of the weedeater, too, and the chain saw. After E blew out his back, I was kind of forced to learn how to use all kinds of power tools that I was scared to use before. Now I can start and run the weedeater on my own, and find that I actually ENJOY weedeating (I'm wierd), can use the chain saw but don't like to, and I know how to use the circular saw, jug saw, and the miter saw :)

Except this year - being preggers I didn't go weedeat so our yard looks horrible right now.

lorihadams

Always doing laundry
Reaction score
Lost Brahma Mama last night....she wasn't in the coop this morning and the other brahma met me outside the gate this morning. We went to BF's house last night and I didn't check the coop when I closed it, I assumed everyone was there when I came home to milk. I'm assuming that we didn't clip their wings enough and she jumped the fence again...I'm also assuming the neighbor's dog got her.

It sucks but there is a swap next Saturday so maybe I'll get a few girls to replace the ones we've lost. :(

justusnak

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Awww, Im so sorry for your loss. We have lost so many this year to predators..its frustrating!