LovinLife- Happy New Year's all!

Farmfresh

City Biddy
Reaction score
Once upon a time there was a mother ... tired, and harried, who had two lovely daughters. The daughters were fighting with each other in their bedroom and there was MUCH slamming of a bedroom door.

Once upon a time there was a mother .... with a trusty hammer and a spike nail ... a door nailed open to the nearby wall and a quiet home.

Just sayin'

FarmerJamie

Mr. Sensitive
Reaction score
:lol:

We've found that a teenage girl does not like having to get dressed in her room without a door. I hid the door pins and almost forgot where I hid them!

LovinLife

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Thank you all! I'm feeling more confident as a parent....for now. So back to my new birds...here's a pic of my Cordon Blue Finches
BlueCordons.jpg

LovinLife

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Day 2 GF- With the stress I was feeling from my son I decided I better change what I eat to better deal with my stressors. I feel like the junk I've been putting into my body has been fogging my mind. Lately I've felt sluggish, forgetful, and unmotivated. I've been taking Zoloft and Abilify for a couple months which has been just numbing me. I hate to take meds so I've decided to not take them anymore and deal with my depression and anxiety in a natural way with exersice, healthy diet, and meditation. So step one is quit refined sugars and foods that contain gluten. Today I'm suffering pms and wanting a soda or candy bar REAL bad. Wish me luck. :rolleyes:

lorihadams

Always doing laundry
Reaction score
I feel ya honey....I still fall off the GF wagon every once in a while....stay with it, you'll feel better!

snapshot

Farmwife
Reaction score
My DH went sugar free and gluten free about a month ago to help deal with his essential tremors. He had withdrawl symptoms for a couple of weeks--extreme cravings and headaches. Says he feels much better now! I am low gluten and low sugar. I feel good and my knees don't hurt going up and down stairs anymore.

Farmfresh

City Biddy
Reaction score
lorihadams said:
I feel ya honey....I still fall off the GF wagon every once in a while....stay with it, you'll feel better!
Going GF is how I discovered that I am Celiac.

I went off the wagon once ... I was SO sick that it never happened again.

I hope you feel better soon Lovin'

Bubblingbrooks

Made in Alaska
Reaction score
LovinLife said:
Day 2 GF- With the stress I was feeling from my son I decided I better change what I eat to better deal with my stressors. I feel like the junk I've been putting into my body has been fogging my mind. Lately I've felt sluggish, forgetful, and unmotivated. I've been taking Zoloft and Abilify for a couple months which has been just numbing me. I hate to take meds so I've decided to not take them anymore and deal with my depression and anxiety in a natural way with exersice, healthy diet, and meditation. So step one is quit refined sugars and foods that contain gluten. Today I'm suffering pms and wanting a soda or candy bar REAL bad. Wish me luck. :rolleyes:
Get a copy of "The Mood Cure" . You can use Amino Acids to end the sugar cravings once and for all, and, apparently to raise cortisol levels. She deals with all natural foods as well.
Looking into it myself.
Read a bit about it here.
http://www.cheeseslave.com/2011/09/13/how-i-kicked-my-wine-and-chocolate-cravings/
Be sure and read the comments!

LovinLife

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Farmfresh said:
Try eating some dried fruit and drinking some mint tea. It helps with the cravings. ;)
I had some almonds last night when I would usually go for a cookie or candy bar and I was fine! I love dried fruit and tea. I'll pick some up next time i'm out. Thanks.