LovinLife- Happy New Year's all!

LovinLife

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
snapshot said:
My DH went sugar free and gluten free about a month ago to help deal with his essential tremors. He had withdrawl symptoms for a couple of weeks--extreme cravings and headaches. Says he feels much better now! I am low gluten and low sugar. I feel good and my knees don't hurt going up and down stairs anymore.
I was getting chills last night and was wondering if that had anything to do with it. Not bad put just every now and again I would have to bundle up a little extra. I've heard of people having withdraws when changing their diet...like kicking a drug, sugar was my drug!

LovinLife

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Thanks BB I'll check that link out later tonight when it's quieter around here.

Day 3 GF- Last night I fought my cravings for sugar with a handful of almonds. For dinner I had an omlete with green peppers and salsa. Right now I'm having a yummy to my tummy salad with romaine, cherry tomatoes, avacodo, red onions, corn, cilantro and a squeeze of lime and orange and a touch of olive oil. This morning DD and I made some almond milk and used the pulp to make some almond pulp and coconut cookies in the dehydrator. She thought she was getting a real treat eating that "cookie dough"!

My rescue dog, Bones and I went for a walk today. I thought this would get him to stop barking but it didn't. The entire time DH and I were outside Bones barked. :barnie

I reached my breaking point and had to do SOMETHING. So I took the hose near the dog pen and if Bones would start barking I would tell him "HEY" and then spray him with the hose. I'm not sure if this is considered cruel but it sure did work because he does NOT like the water!! Now I can enjoy this beautiful day with the doors and windows open and not listen to crazy Bones out there make a fuss!

:cool:

savingdogs

Queen Filksinger
Reaction score
I don't think that is cruel at all. That is called training. Bones is lucky. I thought he was going to a home? Do you still have Paddy too?

Bubblingbrooks

Made in Alaska
Reaction score
We used a flyswatter to quiet a dog we had. It made quite the sound with just a light sting. No time at all, all we had to do was open the door a crack and just slide the swatter out for her to see :lol:

savingdogs

Queen Filksinger
Reaction score
Dogs always leave my home knowing the very formal command "Shaddup!"

I noticed at both boarding kennels I worked at, all the dogs seemed to always know that command so I'm not the only one. :hide

LovinLife

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
:lol: That's how Bones was too. If I started to walk toward the hose he would go lay down in his dogloo. THat's why I would say "Hey" first so he knew it was coming. He seemed to get the idea real quick and all I would have to do is yell "Hey". The ony thing was if we went in the house he would start barking again. :hu We'll figure it out. SD, I do still have both of the dogs. I would like to keep Paddy and have started to look for a new home for Bones. I will post pics soon!

JRmom

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
We have a big water cannon... our youngest JR soon learned to curb the barking. :lol: Plus she was a lot cleaner!

savingdogs

Queen Filksinger
Reaction score
He will be a lot better dog for you having trained him. Those two dogs were so blessed when you took them home.

LovinLife

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Day 4 GF- I'm tired, have a headache, irritable, and the rice is yelling at me from the pantry....