Make-Your-Own mixes

Okiemommy

Supermom
Reaction score
They both sound sooooo good! :drool I will have to take both of those on eventually...I've never made cornbread..I know...I know... :lol: I'm an okie too so that makes it even worse.

I just never liked cornbread growing up, partially because it was always so dry :sick

hoosier

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Okiemommy said:
I just never liked cornbread growing up, partially because it was always so dry :sick
That is why you slather butter on it! ;)

Okiemommy

Supermom
Reaction score
Okiemommy wrote:

I just never liked cornbread growing up, partially because it was always so dry sickbyc

That is why you slather butter on it! wink
It was so dry that it was beyond the help of butter :gig :gig

She made meatloaf like that too..come to think of it everything she made was overcooked....she had a phobia of undercooking, and as a result she usually overcooked everything :th

I do it too sometimes, but I try to catch myself.

What do you put in cornbread to make it moist?

Greybear23

Power Conserver
Reaction score
Hi, want to introduce myself, I am Lynn, a 48 yo man, am married, have six kids and six grandkids I clame!!! LOL I love to try to live self sufficiently, at this time we have a ten acre farm in North Central Oklahoma, we have a cow that should have a calf any day and a horse and two sows, a boar and 8 pigs, have lots of different breeds of chickens, turkeys, Coturnix Quail and soon some pheasants, we are raising all the meat and eggs we need and sell some to pay for feed, I put in a 1/4 acre garden this year but the heavy rains are not doing it any good, will replant as it dries out. I like making things from scratch and this site has some wonderful ideas, I do most of the cooking around here. I was referred to this site from a friend on the BYC site, thanks for having me, Lynn

miss_thenorth

Frugal Homesteader
Reaction score
Welcome Greybear!! We raise alot of our own meat too--rabbits, chicken, soon to be quail, (just got breeders) , eggs,--hunt for deer, waterfowl, turkey etc. My garden is not anywhere near as big as yours though.

:welcome

Greybear23

Power Conserver
Reaction score
Ok, I have a question!! Does anyone have a recipe for home made Butterscotch Pudding, can you buy powdered flavorings like Butterscotch to add to vanilla pudding? I love Butterscotch pie and my aunt used to make the best, but I have not had a good homemade one in a while!!! Love homemade Coconut cream pie too!! Lynn

Greybear23

Power Conserver
Reaction score
Can someone tell me how to copy a recipe from my folders to a post here?? I have my grandmothers Homemade German Chocolate cake Frosting recipe I can share but it is long, Lynn

me&thegals

A Major Squash & Pumpkin Lover
Reaction score
http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Kellys-Butterscotch-Pudding/Detail.aspx

Here's a link to a recipe on allrecipes.com. I don't like the fake butterscotch flavored pudding from the store, but the real thing sounds great!!

To copy a recipe, simply click at the top, drag to the bottom until it is completely highlighted, and then click on copy. Then, hop on here and click paste into whatever place you want the recipe pasted to. Hope this helps. And, welcome, by the way!!

Okiemommy

Supermom
Reaction score
Hey Greybear!! :welcome

I post on the Okies in the BYC thread every once in a great while, but ya'll talk so dang much, I can't keep up!!! :gig :gig :gig

Glad to have you here! :thumbsup