May as well start now

Corn Woman

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
We had a record breaker warm day for March it was 75 yesterday and beautiful. Found a coupon for a free 6 pack of pansies in the paper and went out to the nursery to get them. something about pansies just makes me smile. Probably due to the fact that I used to catch tiny little frogs and float them on pansy "lily pads". I have always been the outdoors type thats not afraid of getting dirt under my nails. I spent an hour this morning starting work on pruning my fruit trees. The fast warmup has got them confused, you can already see a touch of pink in the unopened blossoms on both apricot trees. That can only mean one thing, they are going to get frozen it's just too early. I hope the strange weather holds and it's not the case :fl but I know better. Tonight after work I will get a little more done on the trees and then I will park myself at the sewing machine and work on the grandkiddies dresses they are coming along nicely.

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
Every year, we used to get pansies for my mom for Mother's Day. Might be why they're one of my favorite flowers.

Corn Woman

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I feel so rushed and behind lately. It seems that I am going almost 24/7 and there still is an ever growing list of things I must take care of. On Friday DH and I travel to Reno to pick up our granddaughter, we get to keep her for 2 weeks :ya and spoil her rotten ;) before we take her back. I guess things will have to wait on my to do list because it's Grammy time :celebrate I did manage to get one of the dresses done and just about finished with the second one. We never got any snow out of our "storms" just the ever present wind and very cold temps. The ground had started to thaw and froze solid again, spring is fickle!! The pansies made it but looked so sad every morning till the sun warmed them.

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
Oh, you're going to have a load of fun!!! :D My list is actually getting shorter for once, and it is supposed to warm up here tomorrow :celebrate

Corn Woman

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Finished both dresses and the turned out great. Simple pattern and mommies can put a t shirt under them if its cool.
2787_002.jpg
Got more tomato seeds started today, I can't even think about putting starts out until Memorial Day so there is still plenty of time. I was a the hardware store and had an impulse buy from a mark down bin and just had to bring it home. I hope the Goliath broccoli gets the hint it's slacking!
2787_001.jpg
If not I will have to make a sign that says Hurry up Please!

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
That dress is beautiful! Goliath aint lookin so hot....and I don't know if it can read with it's head still stuck in the dirt :hu

moolie

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I love the dress, so pretty! And Goliath definitely needs to catch up, but it looks like the rest of your plants are coming along nicely :)

Corn Woman

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Had the best time with my granddaughter cooking muffins, feeding chickens and rabbits and in general just looking at the world thru the eyes of a 4 year old. we drove back to Las Vegas so I could fly home with her and halfway there I told her we were going to stop for a potty break. She tells me that she didn't have to go potty ( this drive is 200 miles) I tell her alright but we are stopping anyway because Grammy has to go and without missing a beat she responds you can hold it Grammy! :lol: That kid cracks me up.

Here she hanging out next to the cherry tree
2787_kids_025.jpg