May as well start now

Corn Woman

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Wannabefree said:
I'm in the "I can't wait for that day!" group at the moment...one teenager and I'm about ready to shove her out the nest and barricade the entrance :lol:
It's easy if you help move them out of state. DH took the first one to Memphis and the second one he hauled to Scottsdale AZ. I swear if you get them far enough away they can't come home and use your washer and dryer all weekend. :rant

Corn Woman

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
It actually warmed up to 49 today and I just had to go out with a shovel and turn some dirt over in the yard before work. The east side behind the greenhouse was not frozen so I got to work there and added a bunch of rabbit manure and planted mache, it can take the cold but I haven't tried it before. I also transplanted a bunch of multiplier onions in the same area. It feels good just having the sun out and digging. The fruit trees need to be pruned so all I have to do is get another sunny day. :cool: Working 6 days a week is seriously cutting in to my outside time.

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
I can imagine it would. I hope you get that sunny day, then when you're done w/it, you can send it my way. :D

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
Ya'll don't forget to pass that sunny day onto me when you're done with it please ;)

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
That's AFTER I get done w/it. :p

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
Well you better hurry it up sis, I got stuff to do :lol:

Corn Woman

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Sunny day passing your way on Thursday :cool: it's going to get ugly again.

Corn Woman

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Forecast calls for a major storm statewide tomorrow and today we get the wind before the storm. Always wind, local joke says the pioneers camped for the night and decided to leave when the wind quit blowing and that's how the area was settled. The snow fall is supposed to be 1 to 1-1/2 ft. in the mountains so it's looking rather nasty. Snow pack is only 76% of normal for this part of the state so I shouldn't complain the water is needed and I use mountain runoff to flood irrigate all summer long. No water no garden. I am planning for another big garden this year and started kale, broccoli, cabbage, oregano, fennel and red bunching onions so far. Oregano seed is the size of dust, not even my cheater specs helped much in planting the stuff I had to go by feel so time will tell how well I did. Peppers and eggplant are next and then tomatoes. It seems like such a long time before I get to the "dance of the harvest".

SSDreamin

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I am just in the getting ready to start seedlings stage here, so harvest feels like it's forever and a day away for me!

Funny pioneer story :lol: Sounds like a wind generator would work great where your at ;)